/dist/images/branding/favicon

M5 Custom Laser-Cut Pelican Case

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Jason Comparetto, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Drew Kachurak

Drew Kachurak Member

Just received our M5 case today - purchased it from David Hepburn here on the forum.

Jason - incredible work, great case!

If anyone is looking for a case and hasn't bought yet - give Jason and Jason Cases your money. WORTH EVERY PENNY! :):):)

2. Brent Foster

Brent Foster New Member

I'm blown away by the quality of this case. So happy to have it.

3. Mike Vickers

Mike Vickers New Member

Just got my case from Jason and everything fits perfectly! It literally holds everything except the camera itself. If you're buying a Movi or just want a killer custom case for something else, check out his page at JasonCases!

4. Julien lascar

Julien lascar New Member

Case arrived 2 weeks late and it was a M10 instead of M5, after weeks of nonsense from Jason, promise me a refund. Will see if i received it. Waste of money worst vendor I have experienced so far

5. Drew Kachurak

Drew Kachurak Member

Julien - sorry to hear you had a poor experience. Many of us, including myself, have purchased products from Jason and have had nothing but great buying and product experiences. Not sure what went wrong for your purchase but I would imagine Jason will make it right.

6. Julien lascar

Julien lascar New Member

I based this purchase from your good feedback, also i really looked forward to have it, it is a big disappointment. As now i need to find another solution and i'm going overseas next week. Also Jason hasn't been supportive and not polite at all, it is the first time i complain to someone on a forum as really i'm so surprise you guys had a good experience with him.

7. Matthew Macomber

Matthew Macomber New Member

The case itself is a Pelican Storm iM2975. It should fit everything you need to carry (Movi related), Julien.

8. David Dennison

David Dennison New Member

Glad Jason talked me into the grid, it does help in organizing everything. I can't imagine NOT having this case, it would be a real pain to try to stuff it into something not made for it!

9. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

Just checked out the site. The cases look amazing Jason, great work. I am sure they look even better in person and I think I am going to have to pick up one for my m5 as well as have you custom make one for some of my other gear!

10. Brian Carpenter

Brian Carpenter New Member

photo.JPG Just wondering if anyone else has the same issue as me ? I have to move the cage all the way up. in order for it to fit with the lid closed. i was under the assumption that i could just pull the movi out and start using it. i'm kind of disappointed myself.

*EDIT* I've actually played around with this a bit more and have found that buy inserting with the cage horizontally instead of vertical (the way we fly and most of the pics I've seen) that it actually fits much better. it is now balanced and ready to go right out of the box i could probably even have the lens attached if needed even with the right monitor attachment it could stay on as well and just be adjusted just before you pull it out to use. so my disappointment has turned into happiness. see attached pic

11. Jason Comparetto

Jason Comparetto Active Member

Hi Brian,

You can always contact me directly to help resolve this issue. My email address is jason@JasonCases.com

But certainly I can try to help you here if you prefer. This case design should accomodate *most* Movi M5 configurations. If you are experiencing a configuration which isn't smoothly going into the case, let me know what settings you have. I remember that the cage can be set to anywhere in the "middle range" and it should go in smoothly

Alternatively, if you are disappointed with the case, we will accept returns within 7 days if you are not fully satisfied.

12. Brian Carpenter

Brian Carpenter New Member

Sorry Jason I should have played around with it a bit more before ...so I will actually edit my last post. But Instead of inserting with the cage up and down vertically. I found that having the cage horizontal in the bottom actually fits better even with having the camera attached. I just never thought to try it that way until today. Not sure if others are having these problems but maybe a photo would help I've only ever seen photos with the movi inserted with the cage the way you would fly it.

Attached Files:

13. Jason Comparetto

Jason Comparetto Active Member

I'm glad to hear that its working for you now. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with. Thanks

Brian Carpenter likes this.
  14. Christopher Wadsworth

Hi Brian.
    I've been doing it the same way as you, but with how you have it I find I have to reverse the cage, still horizontal but the the long end of the camera plate up. When I do it your way I find the top handle comes up just a tiny bit higher but then I feel a pressure point on the case where the handle is. Maybe I'm doing it differently than you ?

Jason, I may pick up a toad in the hole as well and have seen how you've changed the storage set up. Right now I've been storing cables in a pencil case of sorts in the accessories slot that will have to be used for the handles if I install the toad.

My question is do I need the extra triangular padding under the stand?

I thought I might pull it out and store my cable pouch beneath it. I am pretty cable heavy as I am finding ways to get my redrock follow focus and remote in there, plus I like to carry back up hdmi cables and a few tools etc but all in the one case. And just under 50 lbs ; )

15. Barry Fahy

Barry Fahy New Member

I purchased the Compact case for the M5 from Jason and I love it! Its nice and compact, so I can still fit my case for camera, lenses, lights and everything I need for a 5 day shoot in my rather small car. Jason was also a pleasure to deal with even after an error on the order due to my mistake! I will have a video showing my set up and the case soon.

16. Chris mierzwinski

Jason are you thinking of making an m15 case?