/dist/images/branding/favicon

pan spinning on majestic mode !!!clockwise than counterclockwise

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by jerome gerle, Nov 30, 2013.

1. jerome gerle

jerome gerle New Member

hello guys NEED SOME HELP !!!!

my movi spin in a majestic mode in position 1 on the DX7S and i have the led switchoff on the movi (pan led)

it works good on dual operator ( 3 leds on) position 0 on the dx7s
    and when i switch it off on the dx7s (3 leds are on) so it ok
    any ideas ?????

2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

If the led is off then it is most likely a loose cable. Check all your cable connections and then reset the MoVI

3. jerome gerle

jerome gerle New Member

how do i reset the movi?

4. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

I meant just turn it off and back on. You can do a default settings reset in the config menu but I don't think that's what's going on. It's interesting that you get pan control in dual op but not majestic. Now thinking about it, it's sounds like it could be that switch on the transmitter maybe. You can try assigning "map remote mode" under remote controller config to a different switch to see if that could be the issue. Does the switch look or feel damaged in any way?

5. jerome gerle

jerome gerle New Member

the switch seems ok
    but now the movi is freaking out
    check it s worst than before it s checking now
    i have no idea !!!

6. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Couple thoughts. If one LED is not lit while the MoVI is powered up, that is simply a battery indication showing roughly 2/3 charge. If you unit is now "freaking out" I would say your battery level may be too low. Charge your battery to full capacity and then power up again.

Have to had the MoVI working correctly before or is this your first time setting it up?

7. jerome gerle

jerome gerle New Member

still checking vibrating and the pan led is off

8. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Have you had the MoVI working correctly previously?

Have you tried resetting to default in the config menu?

9. jerome gerle

jerome gerle New Member

yeap i try to rest the config menu
    it initialzed properly the first time
    but now it doesn t initialsed anymore and it vibrat a lot and the pan led is of in any mode

10. jerome gerle

jerome gerle New Member

PB solved thks brad

11. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

jerome what did you do to solve the problem? We always want to know what fixed it after you have reached out for assistance.

12. Jason Eaton

Jason Eaton New Member

I would like to know what solved the problem as well. In airborne mode when MoVI isn't "hanging" the top motor spins like it's about to take off on it's own? I've only flown it once so far and having to correct yaw on the copter to keep it from spinning isn't ideal at all especially on take off. Once MoVI is hanging it's fine. Should I just tune the yaw down even more?

13. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Jason the system needs to 'know' where 'front' is. It doesn't matter if it is a copter or the handle bars. If there is no resistance it will spin. Don't hold the handle bars and they will spin doing the same thing. The pan motor is looking for the 'forward' position.

14. Jason Eaton

Jason Eaton New Member

Kinda figured, okay cool. We just dis-engaged the gimbal until I was off the ground and it worked fine. Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

15. Moe Athmann

Moe Athmann New Member

Hi Guys

I'm setting up my M10 on my Cinestar. Does anyone know if the M10 on the Cinestar can run without a dual operator ? I have the same problem in the majestic mode. The Cinestar spins back & fourth. On the old setup with the 3 axis system I could fly solo with it.

Thanks

Moe

16. Albert Chang

Albert Chang Member

Gary,
    so it's looking for forward... so how do we stop that?
    it's very scary trying to start the blades while it's "spinning"...

any thought?

help... thanks

albert

17. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

It is possible. Here's how I do it...assuming your MōVI is set up properly.
    1. take note of where the MōVI thinks "forward" is (I use the Toad in the Hole, which makes this very easy).
    2. with the MōVI powered up but disabled, power on the copter
    3. calibrate and start the copter, and apply just enough throttle to hold the copter, and yaw it to correct any wandering from "front"
    4. turn on the MōVI from the transmitter, then take off immediately
    It's a little awkward, but it works fine with a little practice. DO NOT try to take off with the copter spinning!

18. Albert Chang

Albert Chang Member

totally don't want to take off while copter is spinning, almost crashed before it takes off...
    not sure about the Movi powered up but disabled... what does that mean? blinking lights?
    we have 2 sets of movi, but it's our first attempt to mount onto a copter, so everything is new to us...

thanks for the tips... we are still learning..

so, there isn't a way to stop the spinning except the "right process"..

thanks

albert

19. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

First of all, in order to fly in single operator mode, you should set the mode to Handheld (not Airborne) using the configuration app.
    Do you have the Spektrum DX8 transmitter?
    There's a 3-position mode switch which does this (quoting from page 28 of the manual):
    • Dual Operator Mode: This 3 position switch allows the remote operator to change control modes remotely. The top position is “Remote Operator Mode”, which allows the remote operator to have complete control over the gimbal. In this mode, the person holding the MōVI has no control over the camera’s pan/tilt. One important point is that when completing a shot, it is helpful if the remote operator switches to Majestic Mode, so that the MōVI operator can move freely with the MōVI without tangling wires, etc. Without switching to Majestic Mode, the MōVI will hold its heading regardless of what the MōVI operator does, which can make it difficult to reset the shot.
    • Majestic Mode: This refers to the mode which allows the MōVI operator to control both Pan and Tilt Axes or just one of them. For some shots, it is helpful for the MōVI operator to be able to control framing as a single operator. Some shots are best executed with the MōVI operator controlling pan, but with the camera operator controlling tilt.
    • Kill (Off): This switch position kills power to the MōVI. This is helpful in some cases for setup/initialization or if a wire becomes tangled. In case of any problem or malfunction, the remote operator should immediately activate the kill switch.
    So what I mean by "MōVI powered up but disabled" is that switch to the "Kill" position. And in step 4, move the switch to the "Majestic" position.