/dist/images/branding/favicon

Pros and cons of M10

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Christina Yang, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Christina Yang

Christina Yang New Member

That is the laziest way for me to study on M10 and decide whether should purchase it or wait for DJI Ronin....
    And also this can give others who is struggling between M10 and other gimbals a clear picture.
    So please contribute your knowledge here!

As Ozkan Erden told me (donno how to @ people here), unbreakable power of M10 is:
    1. Lightest among all the gimbals similar;
    2. Works every time when it switched on;
    3. Has its own controller.

Limitations:
    1. Weight limitation( up to 5 kg?)
    2. Balancing problem when fit long length lens on the camera;
    3. Stop working when exposed to the wind ( or on the car faster than 70km/h)

Anything more found during your using M10?

2. Fred Light

Fred Light New Member

I use my MoVI all day, every day, 6 days a week. I pull it out of my car probably 4-6 times every single day, balance it and shoot with it. It has worked perfectly EVERY time, and stands up to quite a bit of wear and tear considering my daily usage. Most gimbals I've found are quite fragile and I absolutely don't believe they would hold up for my situation. I can't say enough about the reliability and build quality.

Steve Maller likes this.
  3. Wolf Schiebel

Wolf Schiebel Active Member

Regarding weight limit:

It's not officially approved but i loaded the M-10 with up to 8.5 kg without any issues. (Epic/Cooke S-4/Bebob V-140/FF/Filterstage)..
    Regarding liability i can only agree with Fred, never any issues, shooting a lot, in rain, cold, and hot (sauna 80 deg Celsius).

Cheers Wolf