/dist/images/branding/favicon

Vibrations ( Oscillations ) More Frequent

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Charles Bergquist, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Charles Bergquist

Just wanted to post this here first and see if the community had some ideas. I've been using the M10 a while, one of the first handful of deliveries, so I've had experience balancing a lot. The past couple shoots I've used a Epic (Dragon) and then recently a C300. I'm getting a lot of vibration ( oscillation ) on the tilt axis, at least it appears that is the culprit in tuning. In tuning I'm at like a 5 for the C300 with a Canon 24-70. Which I feel is way less that I used to balance it at. Also, on Epic fully loaded up we'll get vibrations on tilts.

Just wanted to see if anyone else is running into more oscillation over use or if possibly something is off on my balancing. 5 for a tilt on C300 seems really low to me.

Any ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

2. James Leonzio

James Leonzio Member

Maybe it's all in my head, but I feel like as time goes on, I tend to get more vibration with the same exact setup, and tuning numbers. Every once in a while, i'll start from scratch and redo the entire balancing process from the beginning to get the best numbers.

Maybe it's a result of the rig becoming slightly less rigid over time? idk, just thinking out loud here.

Charles Bergquist likes this.
  3. Senthil Nathan

As for myself, I have had to increase my stiffness levels ever since the last firmware update. I am sure there should be not much of a "degradation" of the rig James. Try increasing your gyro/output filters sometimes that helps. Nevertheless, let's hope the auto tuning feature comes sooner than later. That one will save you all the the trouble.

4. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

You probably have something loose mechanically. Check the roll beam where it mounts to the roll motor, check all clamps to make sure they are tight and go around and check the rest of the bolts to see if any are loose. Its most definitely something loose mechanically.

5. Charles Bergquist

Thanks for the feedback guys. Thanks Brad, I'll check that out and see if anything is loose.