/dist/images/branding/favicon

Southern Maine Photographer/Videographer, Looking for CineStar Mentor

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dennis Manske, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Dennis Manske

Dennis Manske New Member

Hello,
    I work in Commercial Photography and Videography in the Portland Maine area. I am seriously looking into expanding my business to include aerial capture. Since it is a fairly new direction for me, I would like to find a professional that specializes in aerial filming with the CineStar platform that could share good advice and guidance.

I am looking for someone between Boston area and Portland that would like to talk over a frosty beverage occasionally and give me some guidance, or even allow me to shadow them while they are performing a test or post maintenance check flight.

I first got the bug back around 2001 when I had the good fortune to work with the folks from CopterVision in Los Angeles for a Subaru Forester commercial. Now that the possibilities are a little more accessible to a larger group of people, I would to get involved.

I recently co-shot a video called "On Thick Ice"
    which was bought by National Geographic and made into a TV show under the name "Ice Holes" that airs on Friday nights (10pm EST). I would like to expand my business to include aerial filming and photography on a high end professional.

I'm a former Naval Aircrewman, and a licensed (though not current) Commercial pilot, Multi-engine land, with an Instrument rating, so at least you wouldn't be dealing with someone who doesn't understand the principles of flight. ;)

Thank you for any consideration,

Cheers,
    Dennis Manske

DManskePhotography.com

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum, Dennis.
    Sadly, I'm in the "wrong" Portland!

Andy

3. Dennis Manske

Dennis Manske New Member

Thanks Andy!
    My folks are out that way. Maybe someday I'll visit the left coast Portland.

Dennis

4. Dylan Law

Dylan Law Member

Hey Dennis,

I am down in Boston running an M5 of my own and Tech Support at Rule Boston Camera with our rental units. If you need anything just let me know.

Happy East Coast Shooting,

Dylan

5. Dennis Manske

Dennis Manske New Member

Thanks Dylan. I appreciate that. I was down at Rule awhile back. Quite the candy store!

Cheers,
    Dennis