/dist/images/branding/favicon

Successfully Mounted the RED Dragon on the M10?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Richard MacDonald, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Richard MacDonald

We are talking with a production company now and they want to rent our M10 but they have the RED Dragon. Has anyone successfully mounted the Dragon on the M10? Any tips or need to know information?

Thanks,

2. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

The Dragon is the same weight and form factor of the MX Epic and Scarlet, so there will be no issues.

Here are a few important things to note:

-Lens selection will need to be verified… some large cine lenses may be too long or heavy to accommodate
    -You will need to power via either the sidehandle/REDvolts, or through an alternative battery source. Mounting a V-mount or AB can only be done either via a cable tether (with the battery either on the crossbar, or elsewhere) or using Freefly's V-mount bracket.

3. Austin Glass

Also, camera control should be considered. Using the sidehandle for control can be done, but it's annoying. You can also use the REDmote, or you can mount the 5" Touch on the rig. Forgive my self-promotion, but if you do that, you should really get a cable that's flexible enough to not effect performance. My company sells such cables, and can be found from the link in my signature. …again, sorry for the self-promotion, but it's relevant! :)

4. Richard MacDonald

Thanks Austin...
    Letting the client know and putting together a "needs" list. Are your cables in stock? From previous experience, I'm sure we'll need something last minute. Thanks!

5. Austin Glass

Right now we are in stock, and even if we sell out, I can get more within 2 weeks

6. DanDeSilva

DanDeSilva Member

Yes got it going absolutely fine. Just like a regular epic.
    I will say as a side note, we lost about 20 clips from the dragon shoot without explanation - using the same workflow as always with media management. A firmware update is needed!
    image.jpg

Attached Files:

7. David Callahan

David Callahan New Member

Austin,
    I went to your site to order a couple of Epic Touch screen cables and it says they're back ordered and would ship on the 27th. I need to verify this is accurate as I need these cables for a shoot and would need to arrive on 6/30. Is this possible? Also, overnight shipping wasn't an option.
    Thanks!
    Dcal@resolutevisuals.tv

8. Austin Glass

email sent David. thanks!