/dist/images/branding/favicon

M5 Overheating

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Ian Howe, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Ian Howe

Ian Howe New Member

We have an aerial job in Lisbon, Portugal at the moment and the crew over there are reporting issues with our M5 overheating. The outside temperature is around 34 degrees and the M5 will operate under the skyjib 8 for around 3 mins and then it switches off. They have to land and let it cool down. The gimbal is perfectly balanced and carrying a Gh4 with Ziess 15mm lens. The motors on the skyjib are managing fine so wondered if it's an electronic issue with the M5. Any thoughts much appreciated.

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

What are your gains and other settings? Maybe some of the settings are amiss.

3. Ian Howe

Ian Howe New Member

Not sure what the stiffness settings are as I am not there. Just heard from them and today they kept the M5 in an aircon room between flights and it performed as normal.

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Ian also send a ticket request to support@freeflysystems.com. What is the all up weight of your gimbal with camera setup? What parts are 'overheating'? How is the charge level on the batteries? As Steve suggested what are the three primary gain settings? Also assume that everything is balanced.

5. Arthur Vieira

Arthur Vieira Flight Squad

Maybe a stupid advice but....
    Try to put a sun shield over the MoVI electronics. I had an overheating problem once that was caused because we left the M5 under the sun before we turned it on. I was so hot that it didn't arm itself. We had to let it coll down first. If you could put a piece of paper or something to just avoid direct sunlight to hit the "box" maybe enough