/dist/images/branding/favicon

Panasonic GH4 ... Best Lens!

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Stefanie Williams, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Stefanie Williams

Stefanie Williams New Member

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and only joined today! :)

I've just received my GH4 body and looking for advice and opinions on best lenses.

Your thoughts and opinions would be great.

Thanks,

Stef

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Welcome! There have been a few threads on this topic. Use the “search forums” link above and you’ll find at least one discussion that I know of...

3. Stefanie Williams

Hi Steve. Thanks for that. I did do a search on "GH4 Lenses" and my post came up at the top with lots of other irrelevant posts underneath. I did find this one post "M5 with BMPC 4k... what lenses are you using??" which although doesn't mention GH4 or 5D in the title, had some reference to the GH4 being better than the 5D and reference to the Olympus Zuiko 12mm lens.
    Can you please point me in the direction of the post that you're referring to, so that I can avoid creating another posting!
    With the popularity of the new GH4, it may be a good idea to have a post dedicated to lenses!
    Thanks,
    Stef

4. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

5. Stefanie Williams

Hi Ozkan,

Oh, many many thanks. Yes, I've noticed a lot of people using the 12mm zuiko and it's giving good results at a nice price and nice weight. I bought one yesterday and I'm looking forward to trying it out! I think i will buy the 12-35 as a second lens which I can also use for everyday ground filming. What are you using for controlling your camera from the ground? Shutter control etc? Lanc?

Thanks again,

Stef

6. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

I'm using RCShutter cable for controlling the camera. If the camera is on video mode, the shutter will trigger only rec on / off. Other than that, it works as 3 position switch for photo & video. For 4K shooting, the camera should be on video M mode.

7. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I’ve found the aerial/remote triggers to be not worth the trouble. For stills, the GH4’s built-in intervalometer is great. For video, I just start recording on the ground, as that way I know it’s on. In the air, I have had problems with a remote switch that was prone to “double clicking”, which would result in the camera not recording. I prefer to be safe. Digital storage is cheap.