/dist/images/branding/favicon

Weight of the MR

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Angus Benson-Blair, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Angus Benson-Blair

Angus Benson-Blair Active Member

Sorry if this is a bit of a duh question but how heavy is the Movi MR, is it close to the 1.5kg quoted for the M10?

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes nearly identical. Mine with a video transmitter, HDMI converter and small battery is 1.7kg.

3. Bryan Harvey

Bryan Harvey Member

What is the weight of the MR compared to my Cinestar 3 axis Radian gimbal? And will it seamlessly connect to my stock Cinstestar 8?

4. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

G'Day Bryan,

I don't know how much your existing gimbal weighs, but the MR bolts straight up to the CS8 just like your three axis does, it comes with its own star plate, that just picks up on the 8 bolts for the four vibration isolators

5. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

Is there a weight difference in Movi M10 and Movi MR? In other words, are they different versions of the gimbal or is Movi MR just Movi M10 with the star plate and landing gear attached?

This is crucial because I specifically asked for a Movi MR from my vendor and what I was sent was a Movi M10.

I am only going to use my Movi on a copter so I want the copter version if that is lighter. This is way too expensive device to get the wrong version of.

6. Bryan Harvey

Bryan Harvey Member

they are the same. it's just a matter of how you have them setup - flight mode with legs and star plate vs handheld mode with handle etc...

th

7. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

OK thanks just wanted to confirm. Freefly should correct the description of the gimbal because it says that MR is slightly lighter somewhere.

8. Denis Gliksman

Hi,
    What is the weight of the M5 in a multi rotor configuration ?
    I am surprised that the handheld config seems to be heavier than the M10 (≈ 2,5 kg vs 1,5 kg ???)

I am trying not to use the MR word since it seems dedicated to M10 ? So what is the name of the M5 in "MR" config ?
    Thanks
    Denis

9. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Denis the M5 IS heavier than the M10 due to the improvement of being totally tool less for adjustment. The weight is about the same in the MR condition. You loose the weight of the handles but add the weight of the three landing gear and associated hardware.

10. Denis Gliksman