/dist/images/branding/favicon

Scary near disaster today

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Steve Maller, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Cedar Beauregard

Cedar Beauregard New Member

Ok since your getting technical and all.. How can I find the phase angle for the 4012-9 T-motor? Making me feel Cattywumpus trying to find the answer... I have them set at 24* now and i'm getting a wierd "shutter" in yaw that I have never seen in the footage.. Starting to think it might be the new Bl-ctl 3.0's set at the wrong phase angle?

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Cedar

Is this something you visually seeing on the copter close up in flight or are you seeing that in the video footage. If you are seeing it in the footage that makes me think that something is going on in your PAN axis of your gimbal or a setting in your stabilization electronics.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Damn! You're good, Cedar -- that's the heart of the question and you got there in one go! :)

And, I'll freely admit I don't know the answer. I've been searching around for that for some time and I cannot find the answer. I can only infer that it must relate, in some way, to the angle between the three sets of coils that are energized at any one time.

Secretly I was hoping that a forum member with a EE degree would leap in and answer my question about phase angle....but no.... :)

I'm hoping to get to meet Patrick, who runs KDE Motors, in the hope that he would either know the answer or know someone who does...I'll let you know what I find out.

As to the weird stutter in yaw, I suspect that the phase angle might have something to do with that but I don't know for sure. Let me know if you find out the correct phase angle (and how you determine it for any given motor), please. Vice versa - I'll post here if I find the info.

Andy.