/dist/images/branding/favicon

CINESTAR 8 HL/MK FAILURE!! Help please

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Justin Marx, May 29, 2014.

1. Michael McVay

Michael McVay Active Member

I did something similar once. I un-did the velcro and left the battery on the battery plate. Then I picked up the helicopter off the ground and the battery fell off. It has a dent similar to yours and has exhibited no problems since the incident (6 months ago). I have not flown it (and never will), but it has been ok for some bench tests. As a PARCAP member I agreed to this safety policy as well:

2.6. The PIC is responsible for checking that all flight batteries are at a proper level of charge to ensure safe flight. Any battery that is exhibiting any signs of distress will not be used for flight. Any battery that has, to the PIC’s knowledge been dropped or subjected to any form of mechanical impact shall not be used for flight. Any battery that has, to the PIC’s knowledge, been inappropriately over-discharged, or over-charged shall not be used for flight.

Justin Marx likes this.
  2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Justin with that crushed corner I would use the battery for ground testing and would be very cautious in charging it. No way of telling what internal damage may have been done. Dittos on Michaels comments.

Justin Marx likes this.
  3. Justin Zattelman

Justin Zattelman New Member

Just my two cents but I know with the DJI flight controllers, if you don't calibrate the compass every so often, the UAV may fish-bowl in circles in GPS mode which can certainly lead to an accident. Not sure if the MK has a similar issue...

4. Justin Marx

Justin Marx Active Member

Hey guys, just an update.. Did a commercial production and all went well! Did the first shot fully manual over the ocean, then I needed the GPS to hover over a basketball net.. I turned it on away from the action, then flew it over the target, and all was well!! Not the most exciting footage, but it's what they wanted..

Password: nice

Michael McVay likes this.
  5. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Looks great, man. Glad you’re airborne again!