/dist/images/branding/favicon

LED lights flashing a warning?

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Michael Koff, May 30, 2014.

1. Michael Koff

Michael Koff Member

Hey all,
    So after a day of flying, everything went well, this morning I power up CS* and all the LED's are flashing at me...they flash once long, and once short. I tried to find out what this means on MK website, but couldn't find the answer...The copter still calibrates and I flew it just to check it out...flies fine but its nerve-wracking knowing something isn't right and its trying to tell me.
    I tried to hook up MKtool, but the thing seems to work about 10% of the time. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, and I have the same experience when I try to connect to Radian. I'm not a PC guy, but I bought a PC a while back for MKtool and Radian, but they both only seems to work if its a thursday with a full moon during leap year. So, my two part question is: Anyone know what the one long, one short flash means? And is there a specific order to follow when trying to hook up MKtool or Radian?
    Oooh, I tried to hook up one more time before hitting 'Create Thread', and MKtool opened. It says NO ERROR in green on the front page. Not sure how to run a full diagnostic...
    Any help is always appreciated...thank you!

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

You're going to have to get MK Tool to work. I'd suggest going through one of the many tutorials on the QC site, or purchasing one of the Rather Good Guides and watching that. You're really not going to be able to get very far (as you already know) without making MKTool work.

3. Michael Koff

Michael Koff Member

Yeah Steve,
    As mentioned in the bottom of the post, I got MKtool working, and there are no errors. Flight-Ctrl is green and OK, as are BL-Cntrl, NAVI-Cntrl, and Compass. Everything seems to be in order...its just the LED lights are flashing once long, and once short....

4. Steve Maller

5. Michael Koff

Michael Koff Member

Hmmm, thanks Steve. I'll look into that, but the copter has been fine (running 4S) and just randomly it started blinking...I'll look into the output settings though..

6. Steve Maller

Did you update the firmware recently? That can revert things to factory settings.

7. Michael Koff

Michael Koff Member

Nope...no updates
    I'm reading the link you sent earlier...just waiting to get in front of copter again..
    One thing that may or may not matter is that when plugging in the copter in the morning (the previous day we flew many flights, all worked well), I had a different guy at the sticks and he forgot how to calibrate with MX-20 (left stick up to the left). He pushed right stick up and to the left. Since then, the lights have been flashing that code...
    Still reading into it...

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Sounds like you may have reprogrammed a different parameter set accidentally.
    Try reverting back to Parameter set 3 (see Setting 3). Note the Motors on/off now requires both sticks in the modern firmware.

Andy.

Mikrokopter Stick Setting Positions.png

9. Michael Koff

Michael Koff Member

Once again Andy, your correct. That fixed my flashing lights. Thank you for knowing pretty much everything...any tips on stocks? ;)

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

IBM, DIS, WMT, INTC, AAPL. ;)
    EDIT: And if you're in the top tax bracket, triple exempt muni bonds issued by the state or within the state where you live. :)
    Andy.