/dist/images/branding/favicon

Tilt axis snapping down then back up.

Discussion in 'Radian' started by JoeRuscito, Nov 12, 2012.

1. JoeRuscito

JoeRuscito New Member

I have 2 radians, one on pan and one on roll. My tilt axis is on the aux channel of the roll radian. When I turn on the power to the gimbal the tilt snaps down (regardless of stick position) to the point where with longe lenses they touch the ground, then when it connects with the TX it snaps to the position of the stick. Is there a way to make this not happen?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Chop:
    Are you using any kind of Mode control for the two Radians? If so, what mode are they in when the system first comes up? Or does this happen regardless of which mode the Radians are in?

Andy.

3. JoeRuscito

JoeRuscito New Member

Hey Andy,

Usually we are in the "off" mode when we turn everything on. I havent tried other modes. I thought you have to initialize in "off"

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Just checkin' :)
    So restating the problem it seems that, at power up, the roll Radian sensor is emitting a weird pulse width on the Aux port that's causing a full deflection on the tilt servo, right?

Just to see if it's inherent in the Radian sensor, could you try configuring the Aux port on the Radian pan sensor to drive the tilt servo, please? That would eliminate that one roll Radian sensor as an issue.

Thanks
    Andy.

5. JoeRuscito

JoeRuscito New Member

Ok Andy, Ill give this a try.

6. John Fox

John Fox Member

I have found that using a small pot on the servo so that I can adjust it to where the servo out is centered when looking at it the software it helps the jump considerably.