/dist/images/branding/favicon

Teradek Clip

Discussion in 'Video Assist & Video Accessories' started by Drew Kachurak, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

So infrastructure mode does not make the latency any bigger?

I understood Clip supports OS X too, so MacBook Pro is an option too. Not just iPads?

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Latency shouldn't be affected by infrastructure mode.
    And I don't think there's a Mac client, unless I missed an update somewhere. AFAIK it's iOS only (iPad or iPhone, and the newer the better).

3. Michael Gailing

Steve is correct. There is no way to get the stream into a Mac yet unless using Wirecast (with our StreamReader plugin) or outputting from a Cube decoder into the computer. This product is meant to be primarily use with Android and iOS devices.

Latency is not affected by infrastructure mode at all.

4. Marcus CF. Tinnerholm

TERADEK CLIP with CUBE 455 and Ubiquity Rocket M5 HELP!!!???? URGENT!

We are going to LIVE-stream to a big display via HDMI and a Switcher.
    Therefore we bought The Clip, The Cube 455 Decoder with HDM-out and to extend the range further also the Ubiquity Rocket M5 Router and a AirMax Omni Antenna.

But we cant get the Cube to pick up the stream.... How do we do? WE HOPE IT's POSSIBLE RIGHT?
    Cant find any Teradek videos on this! :-(

It worked directly to the iPhone in Tera Clip and we got a still image from the Cube but no Live Video...

Extra question:
    Should it be possible to watch through an iOS device simultaneously as on a monitor via HDMI from the Cube??

//TinnMan @ SkyShooter

5. Michael Gailing

Hi TinnMan,

The Clip supports only one connection at a time so it is not possible to go to both an iPhone and Decoder at once. But yes, it is possible to stream from a Clip to a Cube 455.

Please shoot an email to support@teradek.com for help configuring your decoder and be sure to copy Sales@teradek.com.

I'll keep an eye out for your email.

Mike

6. Marcus CF. Tinnerholm

Hi and thanx for the fas response.
    We sent an e-mail to the Support but i don't think you understood what we where trying to do!

We want to Send from the Clip through the Rocket M5 (to increase range) and to the Cube 455 Decoder to be able to get HDMI-out witch we must have to be able to connect to the production switcher and the big public screen.

Got it now? Is it possible even? All info we read are making us believe it but we cant find some info or a video that shows us how to set it up and to configure it the right way to get it to work!

Appreciate fast help though we need to get it to work Today! (it's Thursday allready her in Sweden... :)

Best regards//Marcus

7. Michael Gailing

Marcus,

Yep, I know exactly what you're trying to do. As I said in my first post, this is totally possible using the TDS protocol, which is built into the Clip.

Connect Clip to the Rocket M5 and pull up the configuration menu. Select Manual under TDS Mode (on the Streaming section). Under Host, type in the IP address of your Cube 455 (once its connected to the Rocket M5). You can retain the standard 9710 port number if you like. Be sure to keep the Protocol UDP, not Multicast.

On the Cube 455 configuration menu, go to Video Setup --> Decoder Settings. Change Decoder Mode to Teradek Stream (i.e. TDS). Make sure the Protocol is UDP and that the port matches the same one you have listed on your Clip config menu.

That should do it.

8. Marcus CF. Tinnerholm

I have an Antenna Question to:

In the text it said that (changed like right now i saw) if you used RJ- high gain antennas (or similar) you could get greater range...
    what kind of antennas are those, where do you get them? Do they connect to the normal antenna outlet or maybe to the AUX (or what is that for?)

Will you get greater range, better picture, lower latency with CloverLeaf antennas like the "Fat Sharks" ??
    I have tried them on but haven't been able to test the range yet!

Best regards//Marcus

9. Michael Gailing

The antennas on Clip do make a difference, but you would see far better results by adding high gain antennas to your access point (in this case, the Rocket M5). This will not affect latency or picture, but it will give you much better range.

We like directional antennas on the Clip, but that doesn't suit everyone. The AUX port is for a future expansion -- that should be developed later this year.

You can find good prices on antennas here: http://www.l-com.com/

10. Ash Eldritch

Ash Eldritch New Member

We just bought the Clip, with the understanding that we can purchase a license to use RTSP (necessary for us as TDS is proprietary and we are building custom apps). Hardly unreasonable to believe we can use RTSP, given the very explicit statements on the product page:
    ...and...
    ...and...
    So I'm concerned that a) I could not find such a license in the store and b) this thread seems to be indicating that there is no such license, the RTSP capability does not exist, and indeed may never exist.

Please allay my fears! Have I just purchased a $600 paperweight?

11. Michael Gailing

Ash,

You have nothing to worry about.

The RTSP license is brand new, which is why its not on the store just yet. We are also redesigning the website so you may notice some changes happening rather often on it.

To buy the license, shoot an email to Sales@teradek.com and they will get you set up. Note that the license is $600.

Hope this helps!

12. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

Hi Toby

With the reflector one can only mirror the iPad into one Macbook, not several. Right? And about RTSP: Does it enable somehow multiple receiving computers/iOS screens or what? I can not understand this jargon.

13. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

Purchased the Clip and now wondering how to make the infrastructure mode work.

Ubiquiti Rocket M5 that seems to be recommended by Teradek uses passive power over ethernet. So I would need to have a laptop with an ethernet connection to power The Rocket M5 out in the field. It does not sound too practical.

Is there a router that could be used to enable the infrastructure mode that could work with a lipo battery?

14. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

Anyone? If there are people that use the Rocket M5 with Clip, what is your setup?

It seems that it is possible to power the Rocket M5 with a 5s lipo. So is that a solution for the field use?

Also it is possible to use 5.8Ghz Skew Planar Wheel and Cloverleaf antennas with the Rocket. Has anyone tried this?

15. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Tukka try contacting Teradek support. Michael Gailing does watch the forums but if you need something quick you might be able to reach him directly through Teradek.

16. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I use a small inverter plugged into my car’s 12V outlet to power it over ethernet. Works fine, although it’s not very efficient. I’m sure you could easily rig up something for it to run off of a 3S LiPo...it doesn’t require much power.

17. Derek Cooper

Derek Cooper Active Member

What's the final impression on the Clip - usable, or other? B&H has a used one for $499 - worthwhile?

18. Jörg Berhrend

Jörg Berhrend New Member

Hi there!
    I'm not sure I got it completely - to clarify:

- With the Clip is runnig over a Ubiquity Rocket M5, can I get multiple streams out of the router to stream to multiple devices, or do I still need the liscence?

- if I would have to buy the liscence, what am I getting? Is it a code? Where do I use it? What exactly is it enabling me to do. (What not?)

Thanks

Jörg

19. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

20. Michael Gailing

Jörg,

1. No, Clip can only stream to a single device and thats it. With RTSP, you could technically multicast over a network, but that takes a bit more configuration.

2. The RTSP license is only giving you the capability to stream directly into a computer or to another RTSP compatible device (like a decoder). Its $400 and brings the capabilities of Clip closer to that of our Cube encoder.

If you're looking to stream to multiple devices, your only choice is Cube for now.

Hope this helps!
    Mike