/dist/images/branding/favicon

Tilting the m5

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Jason Magbanua, May 8, 2014.

1. Jason Magbanua

Jason Magbanua New Member

Could anybody direct me to previous posts regarding control of the m5 tilt by a single operator.

Tried a search to no avail. Appreciate help on calibration settings as well.

Thanks.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Jason can you give a bit more information. Are you talking handheld or airborne? There is also a sticky at the beginning of the M5 forum section with some sample settings if by calibration you mean the gain settings.

3. Nicolas T

Nicolas T Member

In single operator mode you have two options.
    1. Majestic mode in which you tilt the whole unit to get the camera to tilt up and down
    2. A mode in which you just move the camera with your hand and it will maintain whatever tilt angle you ask it for. I cannot recall the name of this mode off the top of my head.

4. Jason Magbanua

Sorry to be unclear.

Gary. Handheld mode. (no remote control)

Nicolas. I am referring to the mode you mentioned in #1 - majestic. Right now, when I tilt the unit, the cam remains level. I need it to tilt up and down.

Thanks!

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Change the Majestic Config - Tilt Mode setting from Smooth Lock to Majestic Angle. See page 04-P22 in the M5 Manual.

6. Nicolas T

Nicolas T Member

If you have it set to Majestic Angle I would also look at the parameters you have set for the tilt window etc....

7. Jason Magbanua

8. Brian Carpenter

Brian Carpenter New Member

I have a similar question. I have turned on majestic angle and it works great... but when I come back to the movi a day later the setting reverts back to lock. anyway to make this stick ?

9. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

you have to write settings whenever you make changes otherwise they will not be saved. This goes for all settings so if you've tuned stiffness settings for your camera but didn't write them, they will revert to whatever was last saved next time you start up. In your case probably factory defaults.

Brian Carpenter likes this.