/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVI Won't engage on startup

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Carl F. Coates, May 9, 2014.

1. Carl F. Coates

Carl F. Coates New Member

Movi is not locking in on start up. The green LED sequence seems to be off .
    I'll get 1 LED blinking slowly before all 3 lock in, but then the movi itself doesn't lock in.
    Sometimes I'll get the normal sequence of LED's but the Movi won't lock in.

2. Markus Mueller

Hi Carl,
    there could be a lot of reasons. First I would check the lipo. Fully charged ? Then the balance. After that the stiffness settings on the app, if something is set to zero the gimbal won't work.
    If all that is fine, and all the cables are in place - send a mail at freefly support, they will guide you.
    Best - Markus

3. Charlie Beyer

Charlie Beyer Member

I have had similar problems in these conditions: COLD, IN THE WIND, TRYING TO DO IT WHILE IM HOLDING THE MOVI.
    Basically the Lipos hate the cold and the Movi needs to be still and balanced and level to initialize.
    Double check you batteries are full, the camera is well balanced, the cradle is level, there is not wind or movement like on a boat.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Carl: You're using the words "lock in" in two ways....could you clarify what you mean "before all 3 [LEDs] lock in?" Do you mean all three LEDS come on solid?

Also, by referring to the MōVI, what do you mean by the MōVI itself "doesn't lock in?" Do you mean it does not power up?

How have you configured the M10, please?

Thanks
    Andy

5. Carl F. Coates

Thanks for your input Mark....I couldn't reply until today. I believe all of the above came into play on Friday, but mainly the gimbal settings had been set to zero. (camera was pretty out of balance as well).

Your response to our thread confirmed we were on the correct troubleshooting thread.

Thank You.....cheers!

Carl F. Coates

6. Carl F. Coates

Thanks for your input Charlie....I couldn't reply until today. It turned out to be the gimbal settings had been set to zero. (camera was pretty out of balance as well).

Thank You.....cheers!

Carl F. Coates

7. Carl F. Coates

Thanks for your input Andy....I couldn't reply until today. It turned out to be the gimbal settings had been set to zero. (camera was pretty out of balance as well).

Thank You.....cheers!

Carl F. Coates

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Glad you resolved it Carl -- and thanks for letting us know what the resolution was.

Thanks.
    Andy.