/dist/images/branding/favicon

Urgent- Problem Binding DX6i to gimbal FC

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Patrick Weeden, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Patrick Weeden

Hi guys

I seem to have then receiver bound to the Transmitter but there is no communication with the FC board. The receiver is showing a solid light indicating that it is bound to the TX but I am getting a DATA LINK ERR in the OSD. I have tried rebinding with no problems, it all seems to be bound but when I power up the gimbal it starts rotating and beeps three times (as if there was no connection) and then stops but does not receive the control inputs. I have run the firmware update on the FC with no luck. I'm stuck as to what it could be and I need to get it working ASAP. Any guidance will be much appreciated.

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

3. Patrick Weeden

Hi Jason

I have it wired correctly, the only thing I tried to do was the Firmware update and now the TX/RX will bind, but there seems to be no communication to the FC board. When I open MK Tools, I am getting the error that it is not compatible with this version, even though I have tried to open it with versions from .78d up until 2.02. Can't seem to figure it out.

Regards

Pat

4. Jason Smoker

oh i see!! when you update the firmware you have to update the mktools as well. Each firmware has is its own mktools its annoying try this see what happens

5. Jason Smoker

Also under the CHANNELS tab in mktools

Make sure are you selecting the correct receiver

Dan Walker and Patrick Weeden like this.
  6. Jason Smoker

Hi Patrick did you get this working?

7. Patrick Weeden

Hi Jason

Sorry for the delay, I was overseas. I still havent fixed it, I did select the Spektrum 9Hi Res) receiver and although I can see that the binding has worked as I can monitor the channels in the MK settings, everything is working as per normal. But, there is no response to any of the control inputs on the Gimbal. It is the most bizarre thing and it is driving me nuts.

*The receiver is bound to the TX - I can see the control inputs in MK Tools

*Nothing else has changed however I did bring the firmware back to FlightCtrl V0.88f ( And tried every other version with no luck)

*I have the normal green LED on the flight control and no warning beeps for "No data connection" (Imagine if you turn off your transmitter, you get the warnings) which tells me the Tx and Rx are bound.

*It seems that the FlightCtrl is not communicating properly with the Gimbal as none of the control inputs work (However they are registering in MKTool)

*In OSD, the Data link is showing an error (DATA LINK: ERR)

Not sure what to do really, I have watched every video available and have tried almost everything.

Cheers

Pat

8. Jason Smoker

So you are running the fc for both heli and gimbal?
    after you power up do you stick up and left? this might help
    also double check you connections to the fc

9. Patrick Weeden

Yes, I have one FC for the heli and another for the Gimbal. I have been using it for more than a year with no problem at all. I have never used the stick up left for the gimbal, but I have tried it now. I have also tried the 'WALTER" firmware version on the gimbal FC with no luck. I actually re-soldered all the connections to the FC just to make sure and still no luck. It is just bizarre, it was working fine and then when I powered up for a flight there was no gimbal control.

10. Jason Smoker

11. Jason Smoker

Also it could be a battery problem? sometimes if a battery losses a cell it can cause or sorts of problems!!

12. Patrick Weeden

13. Patrick Weeden

Thanks, I'll try with a new battery now and let you know!

14. Patrick Weeden

It seems as though the "Walter" FC firmware version is not compatible with any of the MK Tool versions anymore which is strange, I have been through all of them with "No communication" error showing. Do you know if any of the other FC updates are ok for gimbal use? Thanks for your help so far, really appreciate it.

15. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Patrick it appears you are trying software from 2 years ago. You would need to have a compatible MKTools version for the version of FC/nav boards you are running. Any reason you have not upgraded since about 2012? And you are correct that a current MKTool won't work.

16. Jason Smoker

Not like the Walter one But i am sure all the other software is ok!

when it says no communication is that because you have the wrong receiver selected? under channels tab

can you post some pics of your set-up please with fc connections etc

17. Patrick Weeden

Hi Gary, I am only trying the older versions to see if I have any luck, I was running V2.02b with no problems and when I tried the update to V2.04a (FC), I developed all these problems. I have since started back tracking to see whether one of the older versions will work with no luck either

18. Patrick Weeden

Ok So I have just Updated the FC to the latest version (Flight-Ctrl_MEGA644_V2_06a) and am able to get into the settings tab with MKTool V1.78a - Not with any other version which is extremely bizarre. I have the correct receiver selected (Spektrum HiRes) and I can now see the control inputs on the "Channels" tab - however, nothing happens on the gimbal. The Rx and Tx are bound (as can be confirmed in the channels tab)

I will take some pictures now for you

Thank you

Patrick

19. Patrick Weeden

Oh and I have this error:

Requesting status information from Flight-Ctrl...
    Version 0.88f
    Errorcodes: 0x00 0x02 0x00 0x00 0x00

- BL-Ctrl missing (check connections & mixer setup)

Is it ok to use the latest FC update for the gimbal?