/dist/images/branding/favicon

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Hugh Bell, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Jeff Kerr

Jeff Kerr New Member

Hello All
    Checking in from Vancouver Island on the west coast of Canada.
    I'm currently waiting for the release of Panasonics GH4 at NAB in a couple of weeks. After that I'll be looking for a good quality gimbal. It's difficult to know from reading specs and looking at pictures which one will perform well and stand the test of time. Today I cam across Maxon motors and controller. Looks well made but don't know much more than that. Anyone know if there's a manufacturer that uses these parts in their gimbal.
    Cheers

2. Dan Walker

Dan Walker Member

Hello everyone!

My name is Dan Walker. My wife and I are starting an aerial photography/videography company in Alaska. We have experience with a Droidworx AD8 and a standard CS8. Our newest copter is a CS8 HL from Quadrocopter. Still in the build phase (Mar/Apr 2014).

Drop us an email if you like! dan walker (dot) ak (at) gmail.com

3. Diogo Ferreira

Diogo Ferreira New Member

Hello guys!

My name is Diogo Ferreira. Me and a friend are starting an aerial filming company in Portugal, Europe. Our machine is the cinestar 8 with extended 550mm booms and the 3-axis gimbal/radian. We are building it by our own, it is almost 100% but we are struggling with the gimbal vibrations. Fortunate days will come!

Cheers!

It\'s alive.png

Dan Walker likes this.
  4. Chance Norris

Chance Norris New Member

Hello Everyone,

My real name is Chance Norris and since its Feel Good Friday, I'm feeling good because my M5 just shipped today!
    I'm going to be flying a Nikon D800 and Panasonic GH4 with Nikon 14-24mm, 24-70mm, and old prime lenses. I'm located on the Gulf Coast South of Houston, Texas.

5. Ron Yoshida

Ron Yoshida New Member

Ron Yoshida here. My New York City based company, Hello World Communications rents audio, video, lighting & communications gear. Hello World also offers video production, post production, video streaming and Video on Demand services. We own four MoVI M10s and we will soon pick-up the Cinestar 8 HL from Quadrocopter. That will signal the beginning of SKYCONTROL, a company devoted to aerial image gathering. Let's stay in touch!

6. Clarke Mayer

Clarke Mayer New Member

Hey Freefly community,

My name is Clarke Mayer, freelance DP based out of NY/NJ. I just purchased an M5. First fly was great. I'll be posting plenty of videos on www.clarkemayer.com

7. Antonis Spiliotopoulos

Greetings from Greece,

My name is Antonis Spiliotopoulos flying a Vulcan frame quad but my next purchase will be a cinestar 8 because it really looks very promising as i want to push the aerial photography for my site to a next level.

8. Parker Brown

Parker Brown New Member

Hi everyone,
    Just ordered an M5 from Quadrocopter and it should make it way to me in Austin early next week. Any one else in Austin?? Gimme a PM!

9. Andrea Cecchini

Hi community,
    I just ordered my MōVI M5 and I'm stoked to waiting.

I hope to post some videos next few days.
    Ciao from ITALY

10. Stefanie Williams

Stefanie Williams New Member

Hi guys ;) , my name is Stef and I live near Manchester, UK. I run Aerialworx and fly a Droidworx SkyJib X4 and Droidworx XM X4. I've joined the forum to learn more about FreeFly gimbals! Thanks guys.
    [​IMG]

11. Zaid Al-Obaidi

Zaid Al-Obaidi New Member

Hello Everyone. My name is Zaid from www.SkyhawkAP.co.uk, based in North Wales UK, been involved in photography on and off for 15 years and flying RC helis for the last 10 years as hobby. It seems natural to combine the two togther
    I have a CAA permission to operate in the UK.
    We fly Vulcan Mantis X8 a great air frame and fully capable of heavy lift, DJI S800evo another great work horse. We are Looking for a good quality gimbal that can take a range of cameras to mount on the Vulcan, the Movi 5 and Movi 10 seem to tick all the boxes. So hopefully I will be spending my leave researching and learning from you guys.

Regards
    Zaid
    Skyhawk AP

12. Davide Roveri

Davide Roveri New Member

Hello everybody!

My name is Davide Roveri and I'm an Italian filmmaker and time-lapse photographer based in London!

here's my showreel if you fancy have a look! :)

Best to all, look forward to participating in this community!

Ciao!

13. Terrence Santos

Terrence Santos New Member

Hello all! My name is Terrence. I'm an M10 owner from Seattle. I am director of video production for University of Washington Athletics. I have no part in the TV broadcast or coaches highlights video. I work under marketing and was brought on to produce content to bring more excitement to our in-game show, further expand our brand and visually tell our story. We will be using the M10 extensively this season for Football and the rest of our sports programs. If their are Cinematographers in the area who specialize in aerial videography it would be great to meet and discuss getting some great footage of our new facilities on Lake Washington.

14. Jonathan Ross

Jonathan Ross Member

Hi All,

Just picked up our Movi 5 and our Cinestar 8, two weeks off and then back here to learn and share. Thanks to the guys at Freefly for being so helpful. We are up here in Seattle just down the sheet from Freefly if you are in the area we would love to hook up and talk shop.

Cheers,
    Jonathan

15. Jonathan Ross

Jonathan Ross Member

Hi Terrance,

I am a Seattle based stock photographer that has worked with the UW on trade outs before for locations. We have shot on Campus as well as your beautiful IMA facility. We have just purchased our Movi 5 and our Cinestar 8 and will begin production in 4 weeks. We would be very interested in doing any kind of trade out to support your aerial needs on this project. if this sounds of interest please send me a message and we can discuss any details. I am heading out of town on Friday and won't be back until the first but I can still be reached through the forum or you can contact me directly at jonathan@andersenross.com

P.S. We are sports nuts, have been coaching soccer for 30 years :)

Cheers,
    Jonathan

16. Jonathan Ross

Jonathan Ross Member

Great reel sir you have me motivated.

Cheers,
    Jonathan

17. Jonathan Ross

Jonathan Ross Member

Hi Everyone,

We are just about to start production with our new Movi 5 and our Cinestar 8. Just placed the order for our Teledek 300 for video link and our Redrock Microremote wireless focus. Movi is up and running we have done a few tests with the Cinestar and all is working great just waiting on our Teredek and our Focus system. I am hoping we made the right choice with the Redrock Microremote but we will have to see once it gets here. It is really the only place we cut corners on cost and with that said we promise to report all our results as they come in. Great to have a forum here to support so many new questions.

Cheers,
    Jonathan Ross
    www.spacesimages.com

18. smita sharma

smita sharma New Member

hello everyone , my name is smita from india

19. Jonathan Ross

Jonathan Ross Member

Welcome Smita

20. arnaud frich

arnaud frich New Member

Hi everyone,

I’m Arnaud Frich, I’m a french photographer, specialized in panoramic cities and landscapes photography.
    I’m the photographer who made in 2010 the biggest assembled panoramic image of the world with Kolor (a project named Paris 26 gigapixels)
    http://www.paris-26-gigapixels.com/index-en.html
    I’m also a trainer in panoramic photography and virtual tours and I wrote books and recorded a training DVD on panoramic photography.
    My website proposes a comprehensive guide about panoramic photography which has existed in French for 12 years.
    I'm pleased to inform you that my website has just been translated into english : http://www.panoramic-photo-guide.com
    Please excuse my poor english (a french friend of mine helps me with the translation) and feel free to contact me for further information.
    I'm looking forward to sharing with you in this forum!
    Best regards,