/dist/images/branding/favicon

What options for Tx/Rx do I need to look at?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Steve Montoto, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Scott it doesn't handle PWM at this time. Both Spektrum and Futaba use a single connector with multichannel receivers.

2. Scott Strimple

Gary... I believe my JR DMSS radio will handle PWM and thru the JR Xbus serial connection... may need the pwm converter. Is there something more proprietary to the FF Movi interface that precludes using the others?

3. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Scott all I know is that the MoVI handles the Spektrum satellite recievers and Futaba sBus receivers. There aren't any other input types currently available.

4. Brent Schnarr

Brent Schnarr New Member

This is really silly but where do i plug in the SPM9545 on the Movi M5? Only plug i see is a 6pin not the 3 that comes with the SPM9545

5. Tim Joy

Tim Joy Active Member

FYI- I bought one of the new Futaba transmitters that have telemetry. The 10J that uses the T-FHSS system. I didn't realize this was not compatible with the FAAST system, and the telemetry receivers are also not compatible with the MoVi. Luckily I swapped the 8FJ that was on the copter for the MoVi and now use the new radio to fly. I wanted lots of extra channels for follow focus and 3 chan LANC camera control so the futaba seemed like a good choice.

6. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Freefly is aware that there is something about the way sBus is implemented on the Telemetry receivers that make them unusable. I find it strange that FHSS and FASST aren't the same at least on the sBus ports.

7. Marco Godles

Marco Godles New Member

Mike, did you ever find a solution for this? Ive been trying to work out the same

8. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Marco there are threads on using an AR6210 as a second RX. Search on AR6210.

9. Marco Godles

Marco Godles New Member

Thanks Gary, i did a search for AR6210 but not much came up :( I might just have it worked out, i just need to order another DSMX satellite.

10. Gary Haynes

Staff Member