/dist/images/branding/favicon

Roll "twitch" in video

Discussion in '3 Axis Gimbal' started by Philip Ellerbroek, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Brad McGiveron

Brad McGiveron Active Member

Sure, here is the post I made about the copter in the WKM vid
    http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/coaxial-cinestar.782/page-4#post-12213

But to sum it up its an X configuration with 16X5 Xoar, CC 50 esc's, MT 3515 400kv motors on 2x 5000 6s.

I do have a normal CS8 running the same components that uses 14X8 Graupners and it works nicely or similarly in the results department.

Yes the stiffer plate is a "game changer" as well as grommets around the standoffs. Basically almost hard mounted works better but you have to get your vibrations in check.

2. Sylvio Rangel

Sylvio Rangel Member

Tks for sharing Brad.

3. Harry Michael Aldridge

Hi Brad,

We fly a skyjib 8 with a cinestar 3 axis gimbal using mainly a canon 7d with a 17-55 f2.8 lens. We seem to be getting quite a lot of vibration/twitches in our footage so usually run them through premier in warp stabilization at 5-7% and that seems to do the trick. However, we would LOVE to get our gimbal producing excellent RAW footage like yours...

All the belts are tight, we've flown it many times working on various projects throughout the UK shooting on either a canon 7d/ 5d mk3 or canon c100. We think that the issues maybe our gain settings..

What setting do you set you gains to? I know that it would vary from time to time depending on the wind speeds.

Thanks!

Harry

4. Brad McGiveron

Brad McGiveron Active Member

Hey Harry

Its been quite awhile since I used the Radians. I don't even remember what settings I was using at that time.
    I was never satisfied with them and around a year ago moved to a brushless setup.

Any settings in this thread are probably what folks were using.

5. Harry Michael Aldridge

Hi Brad,

Ok great, thanks for your response.

Harry