/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVi and Steadicam

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Marcus Samperi, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Marcus Samperi

Marcus Samperi New Member

Hey,

Quick question... Has anyone ever mounted the MoVi M10 to a Steadicam Arm? If so, how did you connect the top of the MoVi (without top bar) to the arm of the steadicam?

2. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

I shall refer you to this photo of myself testing out a 3-section Zephyr arm and a custom Movi mount made by a company whose name I cannot remember… does anyone else out there know?

1560590_10152331300264483_6696741044496459263_n.jpg

3. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

4. Eric Ulbrich

Eric Ulbrich Member

5. Blake Simmons

Blake Simmons New Member

Watch the video, the steadicam op in the first few minutes of the video,he has a ridiculous setup rigged up!

Cheers,
    Blake

6. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

That's none other than legendary Steadicam operator Larry McConkey. He's commented on the forums before about making mods to the rig. The guy is an inspiration.

7. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Wow, hows that for being recognized! Thanks for posting that! Have been lucky to be around Garrett a few times, super smart, super nice. Good to see the camaraderie of the two. Makes me lean even more towards buying a Movi. Would imagine not getting the same for the Ronin.

8. Andreas Kielb

Andreas Kielb New Member

Recently we did first tests with the Porta Head 5 brushless gimbal combined with the steadicam and a custom connection bracket similar to the one Larry McConkey built. The bracket allows to move the camera during the take from ground level to over head height by rolling over the gimbal 180 degrees. The steadicam gives comfortable support to carry the system for longer takes and also eliminates visible footsteps in the picture.

Best regards,
    Andreas

www.portahead.de