/dist/images/branding/favicon

Follow Focus Discussion: Type and Range (M10 & MR)

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by James Michaels, Apr 15, 2014.

1. James Michaels

James Michaels New Member

Hello all,

With the dust settling post-NAB, I wanted to open the discussion of follow focus, a discussion that has been touched on many times, I know. While I mainly operate my MoVI in the MR config, I figured I'd post this question here as there's not much action in the MR section of the forum. We'll be flying a Red Dragon very soon and I'm wanting to make sure our follow focus system is ideal. Our lenses will range from Canon EOS to primes in M10. I'm familiar with, and have used, many brands that are out there, but what I don't know is the range. Yes, I've spent much time on many manufacturer's websites seeking this out, but thought I'd query all y'all and see what you're flying.

Q: What follow focus system has the longest range? What is that range? Is it possible to have an extender via RC?

BONUS: Will the new MoVI controller run third party ff motors?

Thanks much!
    Jim

2. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

Don't know about range questions, but regarding the WFF and the new Freefly controller, details are not yet available. The units on the floor were only temporarily working, but official compatibility is yet to be determined. I'm sure for the Freefly controller to be supported with other brands, all kinds of deals have to be made first.

Edit: Tabb did say that a clear solution was coming, but I'd rather wait for an official announcement before starting the fires of speculation.

3. James Michaels

James Michaels New Member

Maybe a FreeFly Follow Focus! It could be called the F4! ;)