/dist/images/branding/favicon

How To Switch Pan To The Left Controller?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by James Michaels, Mar 28, 2014.

1. James Michaels

James Michaels New Member

Oh, the tilt speed control is still the same, the little knobby on the top right.

2. Justin Marx

Justin Marx Active Member

Andy rocks-- hey Andy, will you be at NAB?

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Glad it helped, James. I suspect other folks may prefer to have pan on the left stick.

Andy.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I'm afraid not, Justin. I thought about going, but then I remembered all those years I went to the COMDEX computer show in Vegas (and the booth duty!)....I've paid my debt to society! <evil grin>

Andy.

5. Augusto Alves da Silva

Augusto Alves da Silva Active Member

Hi Andy:

I am having a problem setting up the radio. I prefer to use the left stick to rudder (yaw) and the right stick for tilt instead of having all the movements on the same stick on the DX7S. I read your explanation about it but I am a Futaba guy not Spektrum and with the Tero I can´t use the controls combined I really have to separate them. Could you please help me out? I tried everything according to the manual but with no luck. I need the yaw on the left stick and the tilt on the right as it is now.

Thank you

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Augusto: Which model of Futaba do you have? And do you have the manual?

The problem with the Futaba is quite similar to the Spektrum -- it really consists of figuring out how to assign sticks to radio-control channels....so you'll need to reference the MōVI documentation to see which channels are being used (see my original message for the M10 manual page number) -- the remote control configuration in the MōVI manual shows (a) which channel is being used for what and (b) if the number is negative, that says the motion of the stick is "reversed" -- which you will also need to look up in the Futaba manual.

Andy.

7. Augusto Alves da Silva

Augusto Alves da Silva Active Member

Thank you Andy:

I solved the problem by reading and following your script further down the post. I am using the SPEKTRUM but I am a Futaba/Graupner man :) so I was having problems mapping the channels right. From my years of RC I am very used to pan on the left and tilt on the right not on the same stick. It really improves my accuracy. Thank you for your help.

Chris Monberg likes this.
  8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Glad you got it sorted. The Futaba's channel assignment is just enough different to be confusing.

Andy.

9. Zac Eskelsen

Zac Eskelsen New Member

Here is a basic video tutorial how to do it.

10. Chris Monberg

Chris Monberg New Member

Hello Sir
    Im trying to achieve the same thing. Im A bit of a newbby to the movie and remote, sorry..... Could you give me the steps needed to make this happen?
    Thank you
    Chris

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Chris: Could you tell me which transmitter you're using? Also, did you have a look at the messages on page 1 of this thread, please?

Thanks
    Andy.

Chris Monberg likes this.
  12. Chris Monberg

Chris Monberg New Member

Im using the spectrum dx7s
    I did see thread but can’t make sense of it….
    Thanks for the quick reply
    chris

13. Chris Monberg

Chris Monberg New Member

14. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

15. Chris Monberg

Chris Monberg New Member

Its great that this worked and I was going to go for it as I would like the pan on the left stick as well but then got cold feet, because I thought what if i need to quickly go back to the original setup that comes with the movie and control.... Guys is there a way to save the settings on sd card that you can insert into the DX7S ? I've been going inverted onto a car mount and playing with different mounting options and have figured out how to get the pan going the other way when inverted but would love to be able to go to the sd card and have preset operating functions for these different type of mounting options... To switch back and forth quickly....
    Any ideas on how to do that????
    Thanks for any help
    Chris

16. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Check pages 11 and 12 of the DX7s manual, Chris. It describes how you can copy an existing "model" setting to make a backup.

Andy.

17. Chris Monberg

Chris Monberg New Member

Will do thanks so much and if i figure it out ill go for the big move!!! Im hoping you can save several presets on the dx7s. Ill report back. thanks so much...
    Chris

18. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Indeed you can save several different "presets" (they call them "models" because this is originally a radio control model aircraft controller). There is an upper limit of 20 models. So make a copy of the current model from it's current memory "slot" (my word, not Spektrum's) into a new memory slot, give it a new name -- and then select the new model and work on that. You will probably need to rebind the transmitter to the receiver when you change the selected model -- so you'll need to know how to do that before you go too far (hint: Use the FF configurator app.)

Andy.

19. Chris Monberg

Chris Monberg New Member

yep i saw the rebind thing and now I'm scared again.... LOL My Friday night!!!! Man I must be getting old!!! thanks
    C

20. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Just think back to when you were a 12 year old kid -- you wouldn't hesitate for a heartbeat! :)
    For practice, just rebind the receiver "as is" without even having changed to a new model.
    Do you have the Configurator app installed on a Windows, Mac or Android device?

Andy.