/dist/images/branding/favicon

LANC Controller from S-Bus to Sony FS700

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by James Michaels, Apr 1, 2014.

1. James Michaels

James Michaels New Member

Hey everyone,

Trying to get Record and Zoom control on my FS700 (yes, I got it balanced). Is it possible to connect it via the S-Bus on the MoVI? I'm very new to the world of RC, but not film. Is it possible for the MoVI to receive direction from the AIL D/R switch on the upper right of the DX7 to control Record and Zoom? Where on the MoVI would the Gentwire connect to and then to the FS700? I know this isn't the camera of choice for the MoVI, so there might not be an answer. I'm trying to avoid a separate controller like in Jeff's video from Quadrocopter.

Thanks again.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

James to control another device on the standard M10 you would need to add an additional receiver, like an AR6210. Do a search on the forum for the AR6210 and you will find some posts on how to do this.

3. James Michaels

Ok, makes sense. I've also been told I'd have to switch to a Futaba with S-Bus control. Not sure we want to do that. Either way, adding the zoom function means adding the zoom lens to the FS700. I've barely got this thing fitting on the MR with the Convergent 7Q shooting 4K raw. I imagine it wouldn't work with the heavier lens without counter weight, which we won't add to the copter for obvious reasons.

Thanks again!

4. Jeff Scholl

Jeff Scholl Distributor

Hi all,

I have my MoVI M5 controlled by a Futaba 10CHG and a 6303SB Rx. (sbus out to MoVI and ch1-3 additional servo outs)
    The 10CHG is set for heli mode using the 120deg swashplate setup.
    This allows for Ch3 (throttle) and Ch6 to be piggybacked together so Ch6 is still my pan rate on the throttle stick.
    I plug my shutter cable into CH3, set all my throttle curve points to 100% and then have one of the Tx spring loaded switches on the tx assigned to my throttle hold which fires the shutter since the ch3 values now go from 100 regardless of the throttle stick to -100 for throttle hold. (this was used back in the day when we would practice auto rotations with the single rotor platforms.)

A simpler way would be a s.bus. rx with more channel options but it would add a bit more bulk.

Cheers,
    Jeff

James Michaels and Adam Paugh like this.
  5. James Michaels

Thanks for the info, Jeff! I had already received an e-mail from Adam, but this helps, as well. The goal is to not add any more weight to our MR, nor to switch controllers at this point. Just got the MoVI. Still learning. ;-) We'll see what comes of it. We're flying the FS700 at this point and while not the most ideal cam for flying, it's what we have and it's working great at 4k raw.

Jim