/dist/images/branding/favicon

Intermittent high frequency vibration problems with our Movi MR

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Sam Leggett, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Adam Etheridge

Hi Sam - thanks so much for taking a look. Yeah its really strange, and the Left / Right difference is mystifying... I did think maybe it could have something to do with wind direction? We'll double check all the bolts etc, but we'll just have to carry on trying different combinations until we get there. Glad you guys have cracked it though!

@ Andy, Tabb, Chris, Fabien - if any of you guys have time, would be really great to get your expert opinions on this… we're at a bit of a loss.

2. Alexandre Cottin

Alexandre Cottin New Member

Hi Andy

Can we use these ones on the Movi? I mean is it the same extenders for the 3 axis gimbal and for the Movi?
    https://www.quadrocopter.com/CineStar-Landing-Gear-Extender_p_519.html
    thanks

Alex

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Alex the MoVI extenders are different. The shape and length is entirely different. Check with QC and see if they can get the MoVI ones assuming you have the MR version or have added the MoVI MR kit. If you have either one it should have come with the extenders. Also the MoVI gear legs are longer than the standard CS/3axis gimbal legs by about 2.5 inches.

That said the MoVI ones should work OK with the 3axis gimbal.

4. Alexandre Cottin

Thanks Gary,

I found the MR extenders,
    I'm going to replace the "big fat tires" that we had on the legs with it. Now i understand where our "wobbling" problem came from like Sam.

Alex

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Alexandre: Could you post a link where you found the MR extenders, please?
    Andy.

6. Alexandre Cottin

Hi Andy,
    I already have it with my MR upgrade kit, lost in a drawer sorry.

Alex

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Then we need a detailed, well-lit, high resolution image of your drawer! :)

Andy.

8. Alexandre Cottin

We're in the Euro zone...It's a question of month...

9. Alexandre Cottin

The famous extenders.

Attached Files:

10. Fabien Deregel

Hi Sam,

i received a notification with your message but can't find it here ( you might have edited here) :)

the Wire damper is from www.flexacopter.com , you shall ask for Peter and Mario and they will give you all indications.

It is needed to ask for a stronger lower plate (the one supporting the gimbal) eventually to stiffen it and make sure that you have ultra hyper stiffness on the fixation to the gimbal through the pan alu part ( or you will have some small jitters from the mechanical slope).

Hope this helps :)

BEst regards,
    fabien

11. Sam Leggett

Sam Leggett Member

Hi Fabien,

I think that was the other Sam on this thread - I saw it too and now its gone! Ours is flying well at the moment so we are sticking with the old adage, "If it aint broke..." End of season upgrades might require it though so thank you for the link and info...

Happy Landings :)

Sam

12. Fabien Deregel

Hi sam,

thanks for your answer. As you said, when things work, just leave them this way :).
    I have here a genuine Flexacopter wire damper that a customer gave me ( he moved to mother platform) with top and lower center plates ( they need a slight cut for the pillars to go through, on these it's done) if you need to test one day, i won't have time to build a rig for myself before loooong months so i won't miss it for a fees weeks or months lol !

Best regards,
    Fabien

13. Chris Sallis

Chris Sallis New Member

Hey guys, I've been following this thread closely hoping to see a happy outcome. I have to say I'm rather disappointed to see this much effort being put in to get decent results. I currently own a S800 Evo with Z-15N and a custom octo with the old Cinestar 360 servo gimbal with radians. The amount of tuning and troubleshooting that's going into this is almost the same methods and amount of time that it takes to get a Radian gimbal to even give these results (or worse) especially given the costs! I sure hope you guys get it figured out soon!