/dist/images/branding/favicon

New Firmware 3.07 for MōVI M10

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Tabb Firchau, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Guys, we are pre-releasing this on the forums. Here is a new FW which addresses some issues and adds some new features. Important points to note:
    New features:

Pan Trim
    Pan trim allows the user to adjust the center point of the pan axis via the GUI. For MR setups this will now give you the ability to fly in handheld pan majestic mode, allowing for smooth panning while flying as a single operator. Previously the center was off due to the difference in handheld vs. MR mounting.

Motion Booting
    Previous firmware made it difficult for a clean boot-up of the MōVI during any kind of motion. An internal gyroscope self-test procedure is now bypassed when Motion Booting is set to ON. For use in situations where the MōVI needs to be initialized while gently moving, such as use on boats.

Minimum pan/tilt rates seto to 1% of max slew speed
    Depending on radio type (Futaba versus Spektrum), slew rate limiting control could be set to zero in one case and for the other a slow slew was achieved. The firmware has been corrected to make both radios operate in a similar way with the minimal slew rate at 1% of the maximum slew rate limiter setting. This will allow very slow slew with full stick, for instance a coordinated move where the operator uses the slew limiter to adjust speed and stick to mainly adjust the direction.

Improved kill time when kill switch activated
    Under certain conditions where a quick shut down is required, this has been made faster. The shutdown is still sequenced to help reduce unwanted swinging for an unbalanced gimbal.

Shaky Cam
    Adds an adjustable amount of camera movement while operating the MōVI. This function senses the amount of movement in the gimbal and adds some of that signal back into the motors. Adjustable from -100% to +100% in both Pan and Tilt.

Improved low temperature battery voltage cutoff
    A voltage cutoff adjustment was made to allow the MōVI to continue to operate where it previously may shutdown such as in cold weather due to battery temperature.

Tilt remains in last known position in the event of radio signal loss
    Previously in the event of a brief signal loss the MōVI would return to level tilt and Majestic Mode. Now tilt will remain in the last known position and therefore be less likely to ruin a shot.
    Here is a link: http://bit.ly/1h0s0bF to a zip file for download that includes:
    • Instructions for Mac update
    • Instructions for Android Update
    • Instructions for PC update
    • MōVI 3.07 FW file
    • FW update feature list
    Please be sure to read the instructions in their entirety. Any questions fire away.

Thanks!
    Tabb

2. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

I wish I would have seen this before I left on my non-Movi job, as now I have to wait until I get home to play with this! :(

3. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Just FYI for any M5 owners that wander into this thread... All M5s shipped with the updated 3.07 firmware so there is no need to upgrade.

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Funny, for a day or so we M5 guys had some bragging rights over the M10 guys. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Chris Daidone likes this.
  5. Chris Daidone

Chris Daidone Member

Perfect!!! I was just going to inquire about M10 firmware update progress.... You must have read my mind.

6. Daisuke Ide

Daisuke Ide Distributor

Hi Tabb,

Where the app do you operate this function?

Motion Booting
    Previous firmware made it difficult for a clean boot-up of the MōVI during any kind of motion. An internal gyroscope self-test procedure is now bypassed when Motion Booting is set to ON. For use in situations where the MōVI needs to be initialized while gently moving, such as use on boats.

Thanks,
    Daisuke

7. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Daisuke

It is under Expert Mode, should be the first item.

8. Angus Benson-Blair

Angus Benson-Blair Active Member

Tabb, does this firmware include the ability to reset the gimbal if it futts out without having to land it- ie remote reset?

9. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

Very handy and smart upgrades.

10. Joe Lawry

Joe Lawry Member

Thanks Tabb!

11. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Also the Radio Bind feature has been added to the Android and Mac OS versions. Previously it was only in the PC version.

12. James Michaels

James Michaels New Member

Just ran the FW update, now the MoVI won't stabilize. Turning it on, it blinks three lights very quickly once, then goes to one blinking light about 4 times, then all three come on and stay on. But no stabilization. Any thoughts on what happened?

13. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Just a guess. Did you save and then reload the settings? Try the update again. If those two things don't fix it shoot an email to support@freefly.com.

14. James Michaels

James Michaels New Member

I just got it, so I didn't have any settings saved. Are those settings just specific to how I had it set up? Shouldn't it default to system settings?

15. Chris McKechnie

I can't seem to get the update firmware to pop up under system. What am I doing wrong? How do I write that specific folder structure on the tablet? I'm using a Mac and have the app called Android file transfer. Using a Nexus 7.

16. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Chris: Can you clarify what you're trying to do, please -- having a Mac and using a Nexus 7 -- are you trying to move the .apk file over to a Nexus 7?

If so, then the easiest way is using Dropbox on both your Mac and the Nexus 7 and move the .apk file that way.

Andy.

17. Chris McKechnie

On my Mac, once the folder is unzipped, it's got a few PDFs, and a .bin firmware file. I've put the .bin file on my Nexus, however, the app isn't showing the update option. Wondering if it's a folder structure issue.

18. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

The .bin file is not for the Nexus. You need the .apk file for the Nexus. I think you may be trying to install a Mac app on to the Nexus which is running the Android operating system.

Hope that helps.
    Andy.

19. Chris McKechnie

Ok, so I put the APK file on the Nexus, but within the freefly app, update firmware is still not an option. Still doing something wrong. Maybe folder structure?

20. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

All I did was to open up the Dropbox app, it displayed the .apk file, so I double tapped on it and it installs or upgrades.
    Andy.