/dist/images/branding/favicon

Ultra Thin Epic/Scarlet to LiPo cable

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Rory Hinds, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Rory Hinds

Rory Hinds Member

Selling ultra thin Epic/Scarlet LiPo cables to power the camera from a LiPo battery.

These cables are design to be super flexible so that don't get in the way of the gimbals movement and allow it to rotate and move freely.
    Stiff cables push and pull the gimbal and stress the motors and result in unstable footage, an Ultra Thin cable resolves this.

Also available are LiPo cables for wireless transmitters and remote follow focus.

Please contact me at rory"at"minefilms"dot"com for order details.

[​IMG]

2. Jason Comparetto

Jason Comparetto Active Member

Interesting Rory

3. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

That looks a bit alright.

4. chris weger

chris weger New Member

What is the battery life for your epic from the lipo battery. I have been using the Anton Bauer's to power my epic and the battery life is great but the cable is so stiff on it I have been searching for either a cable like this one or a new powering solution. I know someone using redvolt batteries but I hear they last a very short amount of time.

5. Rory Hinds

Rory Hinds Member

Hi Chris

I have 2 types of LiPo that I use. 1 is a 1300mAh LiPo that I use to power my Epic while flying on a Multirotor and it powers the camera for 20 minutes which is fine as I can only fly for 10 minute before having to change out the batteries.

The other is a 6200mAh battery from Gremsy who make the H14 gimbal and that can power the camera for around 1.5 hours and it only weights 380g. I use this one for handheld work and its super cool.

Yeah the stuff cables are a killer, that is why I started making my own Ultra Thin cables and now sell them :)

6. Charlie Beyer

Charlie Beyer Member

7. Jesse Tobler

Jesse Tobler New Member

Hey Chris,

I've been using REDVolts and when we finish a take and start running playback, I keep an Anton on a battery belt and just stab in to the back of the RED. Helps the REDVolts last much longer. Just had to order the XLR to LEMO adapter cable. Works pretty well. BATTERY BELT from B and H.

EDIT:

I also ordered two custom made very flexible cables from ALPINE-ELECTRONICS for use with the RED Monitor on the cross bar. Kind of spendy but they work great

8. Charlie Beyer

Charlie Beyer Member

Rory, I want to apologize for linking to a competitor of yours as far as flexible Red Cable. I will say that the cable I bought from my link above has a right angle Lemo that sends the cable out to the right side as opposed to straight back. There is less likelihood for the cable to bump into the Movi as I tilt.
    And as far as Jesses comment, I find that the flexible Red Cable going to a battery belt the whole time (via the cross bar) is my best solution to power. I don't like red volt batts or movi Lipos to run the camera since the need to be swapped so often. I don't find a cable from the movi to my body a hindrance at all. In fact I power the camera, monitor, wireless Follow focus, Wireless video all from the Dionic on my belt. No batteries (other than movi) are on the rig. Much lighter and allows for bigger lenses although counter balance is my current challenge.