/dist/images/branding/favicon

Balancing with Cables

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Conor O'Sullivan, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Conor O'Sullivan

Conor O'Sullivan New Member

Hey everyone... I've taken my sweet time getting the parts for my rig together, and I finally have most of what I need. I've managed to balance and test my rig, and I love everything about it. I'm still a couple steps away from taking it into the field though...

I'm having trouble balancing with a Redrock Micro wireless FF on there. The camera system itself has a great center of balance, and I can get it balanced on the MOVI perfectly (with the super-thin HDMI cable running up to the monitor), but the Redrock power cable makes it impossible to get it right without the cable pushing the rig around and changing the balance.

Is the only solution to use a battery on the camera rig to power my follow-focus separately? Or is there a cable solution I can use to add it to my Monitor/Paralinx battery? I would much rather avoid adding another battery into the mix... Thanks!

2. Justin Marx

Justin Marx Active Member

3. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

4. Justin Marx

Justin Marx Active Member

Lol, shit, Austin.. Was reading a post from Brett before I pasted the link..

5. Ben Ruffell

Ben Ruffell Active Member

Such a missed opportunity on the M10 to integrate a cable solution. Or at the least have tube diameter that plugs can fit through...

We have made custom looms. Cable placement effects balance greatly, and every professional set up needs several cables.

6. Conor O'Sullivan

Conor O'Sullivan New Member

I've pre-ordered Austin's cable, thanks for the link! Mid-Apri would be perfect timing for us.

7. Austin Glass

Thanks Conor, I saw your order come in. We've already increased our order, but you are still within our first batch, meaning yours is still on schedule to ship mid-April.

8. Sam Fleishman

Sam Fleishman Member

Do either of these cables work with the Bartech? From the description it looks like both cables have the same connectors. What's the difference?

9. Austin Glass

The Bartech BFD uses a 5-pin 1B connector, which neither of our forthcoming cables will be compatible with. If the demand is high enough, I'm fine with doing the research and figuring out the pin requirements. Most motors are 7-pin, so creating a cable that goes from 5-pin to 7-pin and works properly will mean that we have to figure some things out.