/dist/images/branding/favicon

Pan drfting

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Arturo Bernardi, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Drifting us usually caused by movement during initialization. Just be sure to keep things still during that process right after the MoVI is powered up.

2. Casey McBeath

Casey McBeath Member

Interestingly enough, I was just experiencing this on a VERY big show. I was remote op'ing and keep everyone in video village from noticing, but it was a bit terrifying to see the MoVI slowly panning left all on its lonesome.

Thanks to this thread, I noticed there is the switch below the P/T right joystick, and it was nudged several clicks to the left. I'll start testing to see if that was the issue. But my experience and knowledge of the remote is hideously limited.

3. Gorka Rotaeche

I have the same issue.
    I been in contact with support and they told me the same as Chris posted.
    So for me it is a malfuction of the Movi. You can NOT fix with the trim or sub trim. It is a failure.
    I expend my money in a proffesional system. I´m going to use it to get the best in a shooting. If I asked to shoot from the stand, I will do it.
    As clients we have to report this failures and Freefly have to listen to us.

4. Norbert Blenk

Norbert Blenk Member

I tried the soft-foam-solution while powering up.
    ... No more pan-drifting. Thanks to Brad Meier!
    Foto.JPG

5. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Exactly what I meant Norbert. Thanks for the photo. Glad it solved the issue.

Try the above Gorka and let us know if your still having any issues. As for shooting in the stand, Chris is right in that it's meant to be just a stand. At the same time, I have shot many times from the stand while in a hurry and experimenting. Did a commercial in December where I sandbagged the stand on a slider and taped the MoVI handles to the stand. It was just a quick setup by me and the 1st AC while B camera was getting a few pickups. We ended up using the footage in a national commercial. There was no time to remove the camera from the MoVI and mount it to a proper slider. Longest part of the setup was pulling paper tape off the roll.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Nice idea Brad.
    And it proves the point that you only need two things in life: WD40 to make things go that won't and Gaff tape to make things stop that wont. :)

You can, of course, use duct tape instead of Gaff, but it looks so amateurish.... ;)

Andy.

7. Philipp Braun

Philipp Braun New Member

The trick with the foam between the two carbon bars works just perfect! No more drift whatsoever!