/dist/images/branding/favicon

Radian on AV200 pan axis only.....

Discussion in 'Camera Mount Misc' started by Daniel garate, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Daniel garate

Daniel garate Member

Hi
    Im sure that the Radian was created only for the cinestar camera gimbal,.....but anybody have tried it on the AV 200 pan axis only??
    Tabb, i know youre the creator of all this beautifull toys like my cinestar 6, do you think Radian will work on my AV200 pan axis only???

thanks for your time

Daniel

2. Dave Halton

Dave Halton Member

I have just got roll and tilt and am looking to fit it on my AV130 to evaluate it. Have you got any further fitting one to your AV200?

Dave

3. Arthur Vieira

Arthur Vieira Flight Squad

4. Dave Halton

Dave Halton Member

Guess you have some experience already looking at your Facebook page:)

Will be interesting to see how you mount them.

Thanks for the post

buenas noches

Dave

5. Arthur Vieira

First impressions.
    It works as expected. The resistor is OK and the response time is great, but I had to install a separate battery pack for the Radian + Savox. My FC has a 5v RECON and it's not being sufficient for the Radian + Servo on the Tilt (without camera!!!). The Radian keeps booting when the servo moves.
    To install the battery I simply disconnected the RED wire from the servo lead between the FC and the Radian, and installed a 4 Pack Ni-Cad on the Radian on a spare plug. The (-) Negative and Signal lines are still connected to the FC making a common ground on the system.
    I've installed the Radian with double-side tape on the side of the camera plate (over the Tilt screw). This reduces a little the size of the camera that can be fitted :)
    Tomorrow I'll take it for a ride..... I mean flight.

6. Daniel garate

Daniel garate Member

i havent bought the radian yet, im gonna start buying one for the pan axis only...
    I use a picloc on the Roll only that works amazing, and a Align Gyro on the tilt that works smooth enough.....
    My problem is always on the pan axis....
    i will post my results as soon as i can....

thanks for the help!!

daniel
    www.helicamperu.com

7. Arthur Vieira

As a Feedback.
    I do confirm the Radian works with the AV200, at least for the Tilt, I haven't tried with the Roll yet.
    I've installed them on a new CS6, no special tunning, default MK settings. With a T3i it works very well, I think the CS Gimbal is better, because it balances the camera better and it is higher than the AV200, so the CG of the equipment is a bit higher and nearer the tilt axis. What do I mean? With the AV200 I felt that, when I apply some hard command, the hole equipment shakes a bit more because of a pendulum effect caused by the camera compensation, because the Tilt axe is more distant from the CS Frame than it is with the CS Gimbal.
    This is not a big issue, the AV200 works just fine in this config, no need to throw the away ;) they are great gimbals.
    I've made a little video of the flight, witch can be found here:

8. Daniel garate

Daniel garate Member

RADIAN WORKS PERFECT ON MY AV200 "PAN AXIS".......!!!!!!!!!
    with a spectrum satelite, and a freefly servo.

i removed the Savox from the pan, wih the freefly servo is smoother.....

Finaly a good Pan Stabilization for my AV 200

daniel

RcHeliPilot likes this.
  9. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

I am using one radian on my AV200s roll axis, it works great, never got one on the tilt axis, but im sure it would work,

10. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

and the guys at QC told me there is almost no difference between the savox servo and the freefly

11. Gary Lovelock

Gary Lovelock New Member

Hi,
    I am just fitting Radian's (just ROLL and TILT) with DJI A2 receiver on an AV200 and it is turning out to be a nightmare ! It sounds like a good product but I am starting to wish I had bought a Freefly Gimbal as I may have got more help !
    Just to check ! Can you tell me exactly where you have placed the Radians on an AV200 ? especially for the TILT as my ROLL is working fine. Also if you can give me the basic settings for the standard Servos in the Freefly software that would help. For example the servo pulse rate. A N Y H E L P will be appreciated !!
    Thanks in advance !
    Gary