/dist/images/branding/favicon

M5 is officially shipping!

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Tabb Firchau, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

In case any of you did not get the newsletter, here is a link:

http://us6.campaign-archive1.com/?u=1bd4ba82ae033588b6963f595&id=00373da07a&e=

Again, we wanted to say thanks to all our customers for your patience and support. If you have any questions on the new M5, we would be happy to help answer. The whole team is really proud of this product and there are some really nice improvements. To be specific:
    • Fully tool-less balancing.
    • Full enclosed camera cage - By capturing the camera on top and bottom, we increase the total system stiffness. This allows higher tuning and, ultimately, more stable footage.
    • Strain relieved and protected connections.
    • Quick release top handle - Allows for transitioning from high to low mode instantly.
    • Keyed pan tube - This keeps pan balance locked in, even when used in inverted mode.
    • Improved adjustable camera plate - We made it wider and stiffer. This is important with smaller DSLR's, as sometimes the camera themselves are less rigid and a wider plate helps ensure the camera only moves when the MōVI tells it to.
    Any questions let us know.

Best,

Tabb

2. Adam Paugh

Adam Paugh Distributor

Tabb

For gh3 install top mount will be on the hot shoe I imagine. If so, any additional hardware required for the assembly?

Greetings,
    Adam

3. Tabb Firchau

Staff Member

Hot shoe mount included so you can keep that little guy ultra stable

4. Ajahn C

Ajahn C New Member

I preordered my m5 January 12 and never received anything about the rest of the payment since anything to help out I sent 500$ to hold the m5 and never had any recognition after that besides the newsletters I signed up for . Please help as I am a little upset.

5. Tabb Firchau

Staff Member

Ajahn, we will email you a week or so before your M5 is ready to ship!

Thanks

6. Ariel Ferrer

Ariel Ferrer Member

Hi I Pre Order the M5 back in October, just wondering if theres a queue or the Pre Order units will ship today? Also It would be nice to get some Pics or Videos of the M5 and the difference between the M10!! I haven,t Recife any email for final payment an add additional options like the remote!! If I order the remote dual operator it would be same as the M10? Does it come paired with the remote? another question.... the M5 battery duration will be the same as the M10 or because the motors are smaller we will se longer battery time? Hope to get some Pics Soon!!

7. Ajahn C

Ajahn C New Member

Hopefully You Guys Do I Must Say It Has Been Very Unusual Giving away 500$ and Not receiving any Notification Afterwards. I Just Wrote Your Customer Email and Hope For Personal Answers Soon as I Am Not Asking For Much. Basically Your Saying There Will Be an Email Allowing Me To Pay the Final Dividend Sometime Randomly This Month ?

8. Ben Ruffell

Ben Ruffell Active Member

When do you expect to release an upgrade kit for the M10?

9. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Tabb, this is so exciting!
    One question: what will be needed to use the M5 on a Cinestar? Will the ‘MR’ kit for the MōVI M10 be the same for the M5? Any idea of cost and/or availability?
    Counting the days...
    Steve

10. Tabb Firchau

Staff Member

Ariel, some info for you:
    • We will fulfill all back orders in the next 4-6 weeks
    • We will have additional pictures and videos next week (I will go shoot a quick video today for forum members if I can)
    • I will update you with a list of things that differentiate the M10 and M5 early next week. The primary difference is the maximum payload.
    • You can buy the remote as an optional accesory. If you elect to we will pair it to you MōVI at the factory. See here for all the ordering options for the M5 http://bit.ly/Osndck
    • M5 battery duration should be slightly lower than M10, but still quite a long run time. Let me get exact figures and report back.
    Hope that helps a bit!

11. Tabb Firchau

Staff Member

Ajahn, You will receive an email ~1 week before your M5 is ready to ship. This email will not be random, but will be determined by your placement in the pre-order queue. I apologize that you have not been getting the level of communication you are looking for. We will try and keep you update better in the future.

Best,

Tabb

12. Tabb Firchau

Staff Member

Steve - All you will need is the MR kit for the M5. Pricing can be seen here: http://bit.ly/Osndck The kit is in stock and will be available to ship when your M5 is ready

Steve - my Bad...it looks like the MR kit isnt live in the store yet. It will be the same price as the current MR kit but slightly different (includes 1 carbon tube)

Thanks!
    T

13. Robert McIntosh

Robert McIntosh New Member

My understanding is that the m10 is 3.4lbs and the m5 is 4.75lbs. Is this correct? This seems counter intuitive that the weaker gimbal would weigh significantly more. Can you please explain? Thank you.

14. Tabb Firchau

Staff Member

Robert, we used some more exotic (and expensive) materials to make the M10 so light. Additionally some of the improvements to the M5 made it gain a little weight. Overall I think the weight gain is well worth it given the benefits the improvements give.

Hope to see an M5 FPVing in one of your videos soon!

T

Steve Maller likes this.
  15. Robert McIntosh

Robert McIntosh New Member

I see. Thank you. I've been flying the M10 and loving it. Looking forward to getting one of my own soon.

16. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Another question (won’t say it’s the last one, either :D)
    Will a Graupner TX/RX work with the M5? Or is it like the M10 and requires a Spektrum (or others)?

17. Tabb Firchau

Staff Member

Hi Steve, I know Graupner support is planned but I am not sure it will be available at launch. Let me check with development team on when this is likely to make its way into the firmware.

18. Sylvain Renaud

Sylvain Renaud New Member

Hi,
    Great forum and products !
    I intend on ordering the radio transmitter and the SmallHD DP4 with the M5. I saw a video from Small HD stating that the 5D Mark II doesn't synch with the DP4 like the Mark III. Can anyone confirm this ?

Thank you
    Sylvain

19. Jason Comparetto

Jason Comparetto Active Member

Excellent news!

20. Tabb Firchau

Staff Member

Quick iPhone video....sorry for the quality but I wanted to at least get something today