/dist/images/branding/favicon

Wookong Issue not arming motors?

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Bret Reyes, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Bret Reyes

Bret Reyes New Member

Hey guys,

I recently picked up a Cinestar 8, came in the mail yesterday morning and spent all day and all day today assembling it. So far, I have everything assembled (I think haha), everything plugged in except my FPV setup, which I'm still waiting on parts for. I wanted to try to arm the motors, I binded my DX8 with the AR8000 rx, all is well, and when I go for the CSC movement's nothing happened. I checked the connections of all of the servo wires into the Wookong and all of them have the light yellow signal wire on top, and everything is in correctly.

A quick search yielded that there is potential that the DX8 might not be reaching 100% when making the CSC movements, but the monitor on the DX8 says that during CSC movements, all four of the movements, each time the stick is reaching 100%, which leads me to the next issue of whether or not these ESC's have to be calibrated and how I could go about doing that.

I'm using Opto 30A Esc's on all 8, and quadrocopter QC-3328 motors. CS8 is powered by an 8000mAh 4s battery. I have a (DSMX?) AR8000 and DX8, which bind together fine, but nothing is arming at all. I'm familiar with DJI Naza, and this is my first Wookong system, and I've done everything I could think of. Please let me know guys where I can go from here, thank you.

2. Steve Overstreet

Steve Overstreet New Member

The problem is the Wookong needs to be able to send the correct "signal" to the ESC's to get them to tun on and I had the same issue when I installed my Castle ESCs on my octo. The other time consuming issue is that since we are not using a unified Distribution board like the Mikrokopter we have 8 separate units to set. If you look up the setup for Wookong on the Opto it should yield a fair amount of people that have had the same issue. I know that when i found my answer it was originally written for a single rotor craft but it was something that I had to do 8 times. Although DJI & Castle told me that I only had to do it on one ESC it didn't work until I did it on all of mine.