/dist/images/branding/favicon

Naza V2 on a CS 8

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Mark Melville, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Mark Melville

Mark Melville Member

Has anyone flown this configuration?

I've had it with MK. I just don't trust it and have had way to many issues concerning reliability. (Andy I know you love MK but we're not all computer wizards.)

I'm starting a TV series and I need this thing to be plug and play. I spoke to Chris at Quadrocopter and he told me he puts the Naza V2 on all his birds and they fly great. The difference between Wookong M and Naza v2 has narrowed with the new firmware upgrade and the price difference may not be worth it.

2. Graydon Tranquilla

What Chris says is probably true but I recall seeing some DJI documentation on their Wiki support site some time ago indicating that the NAZA was NOT well suited for MR airframes with motor arms longer than 650 mm.....however it is possible that they made firmware improvements since. And because of the new DJI A2 the price of the WooKong M has been driven down further....

BTW - There is very strong indication now that the new A2 is a very solid, reliable and precise FC. Go to MultiRotor forums and see what Kloner has to say about it...... He is deeply immersed in aerial cinema on a daily basis and knows his business.

3. Gary McCready

Gary McCready Active Member

I know DJI recommends that Naza 2 is not for larger birds, over a certain weight!

4. Mark Melville

Mark Melville Member

I have a feeling part of it is a ploy to sell their more expensive FC. I've been digging around and it seems to work quite well. At this point I need this bird to make me some money and I don't want to shell out 1200 for an A2. Maybe in the future I will. As far as I'm concerned MK has been a bust at least for me.

I'm not pushing around an Epic. I'll mount a Blackmagic Pocket with a Sigma and all told it's less than a kilo. It does ProRes HQ 422 or RAW DNG so the quality is pretty high and the weight low.

5. Mark Melville

Mark Melville Member

Also I've read the A2 has a had quite a few problems. Maybe they've ironed them out.

6. Graydon Tranquilla

7. Mark Melville

Mark Melville Member

The posts I read were a bit dated. I'm sure it's an excellent product just a bit to spendy for me right now.

Graydon Tranquilla likes this.