/dist/images/branding/favicon

Android wireless app connectivity

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Nick Pujic, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Albert Chang

Albert Chang Member

We r experiencing same issue with bluetooth paired, but the app shows no connection... we r extremly frustrated that we r carring the tablet for nothing...
    Using the lenovo yoga tablet, with firmware bof 4.2.2...
    Please advise... thanks in advance

Albert

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Albert: If you have not already done this test, could you go into the Android settings and verify that the MōVI (FFS-F45B) has paired. If it has, then unpair it, and try again.

Unfortunately, I suspect the issue is with the tablet not the MōVI, but that's just me speculating.

Also, once the app. shows the MoVI is paired, would you do two other experiments:

1. Power off the tablet (not sleep, power off). Keep the MoVI powered on.
    2. Power up the tablet and see if the FF Configurator app can connect.

If not, then:

3. Power off the MōVI, with the Tablet powered up and with the FF Configurator app running.
    4. Power up the MōVI, and then try to connect.

What I'm trying to do is see if it's some kind of initial condition thing.​

I did a Google search for:
    lenovo yoga bluetooth problems​
    and there are quite a few hits -- it might be worth reading through some of these to see if any of the issues and resolutions might apply?​

Hope this helps
    Andy.

3. Martin Sochor

Martin Sochor New Member

Hi,

I have a problem with a Samsung GalaxySIII the screen is to small and i can't scroll to change the parameters. Will there be a update of the android version to fit smaller screens?

Br,
    Martin

Samsung_Galaxy_S3.png

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Martin you need at least a 7" tablet. It won't work on the SIII or other small screens. No update available on a solution.

5. Jim Robertson

Jim Robertson Member

I have the samsung galaxy Tab3 and it seems to work great. i think it was 159.00

6. Shaun Gish

Shaun Gish New Member

I have a Nexus 7 that I have used pretty extensively in the field and didn't have any problems with it connecting until today. Last night I installed the newest OS update and this morning I was able to connect to the Movi for a while... and then all of a sudden it stopped connecting. I tried unpairing the device and repairing... I rebooted the tablet and the Movi... nothing seemed to work.

Hopefully I can spend some time with it tonight or tomorrow morning.

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Which version of the OS did you update to, Shaun? I have a Nexus 7 and I'll avoid upgrading!

Andy.

8. Kevin Descheemaeker

Hi we just got an ACER Iconia B1 android tablet to run the FF app. On our Macbook everything is connecting and working well but with the tablet we can not establish any connection. The bluetooth setup can see the FFS-EF85 but other than explained in the tutorial video on the FF site the bluetooth manager is not asking for a code but provides it already.

Is there already any news about the IOS app because that would definitely fix all this issues :)

Attached Files:

9. Graham Tolhurst

Graham Tolhurst New Member

Hi Kevin,
    I had exactly the same problem when trying to pair two different PC's (one laptop and one desktop PC). The solution is to accept the number (even though it isn't being displayed on the Movi). You should then be able to connect from within the Freefly Configurator software.

10. Chris Gerding

Chris Gerding Member

Can I assume that a 16 gig Nexus is enough storage?
    Or do I need a 32 gig?

11. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

16 is fine.

Chris Gerding likes this.
  12. pedro faerstein

Hi Kevin,

Had exactly the same problem. Did you get it solved somehow? I'm able to pair it but the ff app says no connection.

Any help will be apreciated

13. Francois Marcouiller

Hey guys. Same problem for me. I had to return the Asus Memo tablet and get a Nexus7 and it's working perfectly.

14. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Pedro and Francois not all Android devices are alike. Many folks have run into issues with devices other than Nexus/Google tablets. There are no standards it seems in the implementation of the Android operating system. Just saw an article on Android phones. Some are being sold today, new, by various carriers and manufacturers that can't even be upgraded to the latest Android operating system. They ship with outdated software.