/dist/images/branding/favicon

Slow tilt speed

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Brendan Isaac, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Brendan Isaac

Brendan Isaac New Member

Hey guys - Running an Epic with freefly v-lock plate and 16-35 canon lens. Movi is balanced quite well (when sitting on the stand - pan is at 0%, roll at -2% and tilt at -4%) and i have a slow tilt speed with the speed turned right up. I notice on my config app that the tilt motor never really exceeds 45% on the chart while the pan motor will go all the way to 100%. The Panning is really fast when set to its fastest position. Any ideas?

2. Brendan Isaac

Brendan Isaac New Member

Bump??? anyone from freefly?

3. Justin Marx

Justin Marx Active Member

Brendan, how's the tilt working in majestic mode?

Also, just to make sure, where are you adjusting tilt speed? Does the adjustment change the speed at all?

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Tilt speed knob and if it is slowly moving without input then check the trim on the tilt stick.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Are you saying that you see slow tilt speed movement without any control input, then Gary's advice is correct (as always) -- check the trim.

If you are saying that you can only get a slow tilt speed even with the Tilt Speed knob on the transmitter rotated fully and the right stick moved either fully forward or back, then you might need to check the transmitter's Servo "Monitor" screen to see if you are getting full deflection of the ELE channel when you more the right hand stick forwards and backwards. On the Monitor screen you should see the number on the right hand side go from +100% to -100% or thereabouts.

Andy

6. Brendan Isaac

Brendan Isaac New Member

AUX 2 knob is at 100%, the AIL stick is reading 100% to -100%. The AUX2 (tilt speed knob) is having an effect on the speed - The max tilt speed just doesn't seem to get anywhere near the speed of the Pan. It also isn't as responsive. As in it feels like it has a lot of ramping/smoothing although it only has value of 3 set for the smoothing on tilt and pan.

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Check the Transmitter to see if you have Elevator "Dual Rate" enabled. This doesn't affect the amount of slewing on the channel, but alters the rate at which it occurs. The Tilt Dual Rate switch is marked ELEV D/R and is the top left corner switch if you hold the transmitter level (see Switch S on the DX7S manual page 6).

8. Peter Barta

Peter Barta Member

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to set the Movi M10 to have no smoothing of any kind on the pan and tilt, I've set everything at 0 on pan joystick smoothing and also the expo same for tilt and wound up the speed for both pan and tilt. I've got good response on the pan but when tilting the tilt has a delay after you let go off the stick but it's not the same for the pan. Is this a limitation on the controls and the Movi? Any advice welcome thanks

9. Brendan Isaac

Brendan Isaac New Member

I've had same problem - I believe the tilt motor doesn't have enough torque?