/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mounting AC7 to Secraft TX Tray

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Sam Windell, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Sam Windell

Sam Windell Member

Last piece of the puzzle for me. Trying to figure out what has worked best for everyone on mounting their monitors to secraft tray. Saw a couple mods that required some hack jobs on here, but looking for something a little easier and simple if possible. I bought the same tray and monitor holder from secraft that freefly uses, but clueless as to how to get it mount just right and easily take apart when needed. Also potentially going to power SmallHD AC7 with a dtap barrel connector with a 4S lipo and another 4S lipo powering paralinx receiver or find a way to Y off of one MoVI battery to do both. Thoughts?

2. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

Hi Sam.
    I've got the same set up and wanted to mount the AC7 to the tray using the holes in the back of the AC7 which will work with the holes in the tray. I had to contact SmallHD for the size of the screws and it took ages for them to respond. Finally I got the info, which is a 6-32 screw thread. I actually gave up waiting for the spec and made my own mount from a piece of 20mm x 1.5mm aluminium strapping that mounts using the top and bottom holes in the AC7 and fixes to the tray. I plan on powering with Lipos 4s as well and will run a splitter to monitor and Paralynx with an inline regulator to the Paralynx as it CAN'T take more than 5volts.

Hope this helps.

3. Sam Windell

Sam Windell Member

Thanks Garry. Wondering what the run time is like for splitting power between receiver and monitor. I might get 2 lipos, but will probably be overkill. One for monitor and 1 for the receiver and attach both where I have extra room right below the controller.

4. Garry Clarke

Garry Clarke Member

Run time is the great unknown at present Sam. I haven't got it all hooked up yet, but don't think the Paralynx would be much of a drain, and if the AC7 is anything like the little DP4, it should be fine. But if its not, then I'll opt for a Lipo for each. There isn't any real need for keeping weight down on the tray, so if we have to go 2 batteries its no big deal. I'm going to mount the Lipo on the back of the monitor mount as theres plenty of space behind it and it'll keep cables confined to that area.

The thing I really hate about Lipo's is the fiddly little connection on the power cable.

Cheers and have a good weekend.
    Garry

5. Casey McBeath

Casey McBeath Member

If it helps, I can get through the vast majority of a day with one 2550 LiPo running a DP4 and a Paralinx. I'd imagine a AC7 and a Paralinx would go around 3-4 hours. I could set one up at the office on monday though...

6. Marc Morissette

Marc Morissette New Member

Thanks to the forum I manage to buy 6-32 3/4 inch screws at my local hardware store. This is the proper length to attach the battery LPE6 mount and sandwich the secraft tray between the battery mount and AC7 monitor.

Finally !

Attached Files: