/dist/images/branding/favicon

mounting follow focus to movi 10

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Carl F. Coates, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Carl F. Coates

Carl F. Coates New Member

Hi guys,

Just bought redrock remote follow focus. I'm looking for best recommendations of mounting systems for the Movi 10.

Can't ask questions at redrock without waiting 48 hrs for an answer.

I thought there was a rod system that mounted to the hotshoe. Is that a successful way to mount the motor and where do you get that mount?

The other alternative is the normal bottom mount system but need to be low profile I imagine. Any thoughts on that?

2. Carl F. Coates

stupid question went to store

3. Loren Simons

Loren Simons Member

Carl,

We've got our LiveChat service available usually 9-5, and of course me here keeping an eye on this rowdy group;) So you wouldn't have to wait 48 hours one way or another.

But just so you know, you can use either the Gimbal Rail Clamp from us, or the Rod Mount Adapter from Freefly, each with their own benefits.

4. Andrew Ng

Andrew Ng New Member

Stole some pictures off the Teradek Facebook page (granted I took them and rigged the MoVI!).

This is how I have been mounting our Redrock Follow Focus system.
    On the RED, I was able to mount the hub unit it atop the camera, but when I'm running with the C300, i'm comfortable mounting the unit on the crossbar since the factory cable length for the motor is adequate.

For the motor, I've been using the Rod Mount Adapter. The Gimbal Rail Clamp Loren suggested is also a good choice.

Also, Redrock Micro's Collins Clamp is really useful for mounting just about anything on the crossbar.
    It's supporting a SmallHD DP7 w/Anton Bauer brick (pretty heavy).

_MG_6239.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] _MG_6390.jpg

5. Carl F. Coates

Thanks Andrew I appreciate the input...very helpful.

6. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

For those that would prefer to mount the follow focus control unit on the crossbar, my company makes a very flexible motor cable. We are currently sold out, but have a new batch on order, and will begin selling them again very soon.