/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mounting microMount to Movi bottom rods

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Grant Appleotn, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Grant Appleotn

Grant Appleotn New Member

Hi there guys,

I'm trying to mount the microMount to the bottoms rods of the Movi so I can attach the remote focus motor to a short rod the pic below shows my intention. The problem is that the end clamps that the rods fit into wont come off they seem to be glued in ? Is there a way to remove these clamps or is that the way it is ? I know freefly sell the rod mount adapter, however if I can get my plan to work it would save me some money as the exchange rate is 11-1 for us unlucky South Africans.

Thanks
    Grant
    photo.JPG

2. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

I would still recommend the FF rods - you've come this far, might as well go the whole way with a versatile and reliable solution. In all likelihood it is glued in there, and you don't want to risk breaking that part and having your rig out of commission for a long time at probably greater expense than the rod attachement.

I know this isn't very helpful but take it from this errant tinkerer: I don't think this will end well.

3. Grant Appleotn

Grant Appleotn New Member

Yea I have gone another route for now, but looks like I will buy the rod support adapter from freefly.

4. Dana Neibert

Dana Neibert Member

We took a dremel to the MicroMount and now one side can swivel so you can get it on the gimbal rods. Sometimes it's nice just to be able to mount one short rod for the follow focus motor:

IMG_3889.JPG

Tov Belling likes this.
  5. bevan goldswain

Dana, that's exactly what I was thinking of doing. Does it hold tight?

6. Dana Neibert

Dana Neibert Member

Yes, holds perfectly tight on the Movi and any other rods.