/dist/images/branding/favicon

Parameter adjustment issues

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Jamie Merchant, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Jamie Merchant

Jamie Merchant New Member

Hello

I was on a shoot the yesterday and the Movi was acting completely fine. But when I got it out today the Movi in majestic mode wont tilt to the minimum and maximum. I've looked in the configuration software in parameter adjustments and they are at the normal values (max is 90 degrees minimum is -125).

So in essence it won't point far enough up or down.

Can any one shed some light on this?

Jamie

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Jamie: I'm grasping at straws here, but, with the MōVI powered off, can you manually move the tilt without feeling any resistance as you approach the limits you're seeing?

Also, with the Remote Transmitter and the MōVI powered on, do you see the same restricted movement in tilt?

Andy.

3. Jamie Merchant

The tilt movement isn't restricted when the Movi is off. Turning the remote on and adjusting the tilt joystick doesn't increase or decrease the extremity of the tilt angle any more than the when it is in majestic mode. Really strange!

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hmm. Just as an experiment, I would try writing different values to the tilt limits -- remember to write them out to the MōVI -- just want to see if that changes in anything. If it doesn't, then I'd open a ticket with support@freeflysystems.com.

Andy.

5. Jamie Merchant

Hi Andy

Figured it out. The problem was to do with the configuration settings. I had just the camera on the rig with no added accessories today and I just turned down the stiffness of the motors to stop them vibrating and I think that the tilt stiffness was either too low or high for the motor to work properly.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Interesting.

Thanks for letting us know what you found. It'll help someone else if they observe the same symptoms.

Andy.