/dist/images/branding/favicon

QC 8000 mAH Lipo's available now

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Andy Johnson-Laird, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Guilherme Barbosa

Guilherme Barbosa Distributor

Let us know asap your conclusions. Trying to get the best amps for the bucks. Man it is hard to follow you. You are everywhere lol

3. Arthur Vieira

Arthur Vieira Flight Squad

Be careful with Maxamps. All reviews I read are disappointing. They are good batteries but they last like 8.000mAh and for the price they are very expensive.
    I got a friend in Brazil that bought 2 and didn't like on the Cinestar, another friend used it on his Heli (conventional T-Rex) and didn't like either.

4. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Gens Ace has 10000 mAh batteries but I can't find it on stock anywhere. Gens Ace are known as their true C rating.

I used to buy Turnigy Nano Tech 6000 mAh, but never again. because of the wrong discharge values. I will try ThunderPower 7800 mAh 25C, which is 714 gr and has 215$ street price. ThunderPower's prices are always high but top quality.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I've been in contact with Maxamps, Arthur. I originally had two 11000 mAH "True 40C" -- but was getting no better flight times than the QC6200. There's more on this saga at this thread.

The fundamental problem is that the discharge curve of batteries means that they (a) can handle a given discharge rate, but (b) when they handle it the voltage sags so that (c) you don't get the full benefit of the stored energy of the battery because (d) the bird is likely to fall out of the sky. :(

I might get a change to test fly the batteries on Thursday (when it might stop raining for long enough).

Andy.

6. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Andy, Send it to me... we have gorgeous weather in Phoenix now for the next 7 months. ;)

Josh

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

It's on it's way, Josh. :rolleyes:
    I need to knuckle down on a video project anyway....

Andy.

8. Josh Lambeth

Ill send you my address. ;)

Josh

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Still on N. Northsight Blvd?? ;)

(Hint: I used whois service.)

Andy.

10. Pavlos Antoniou

where did you see them...??

11. Josh Lambeth

Umm... nope? Not sure what address that is. HAHA

If you looked up my birdsiproductions website it's hidden and not the correct address. ;)

Josh

12. Ryan McCrae

Ryan McCrae Member

Im very interested to hear how to the 10900mah MaxAmps go, when will you be testing them?

13. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I'm hoping to test the MaxAmps 10900 150C and the new QC 8000 this coming week. I'm just arranging for access to an indoor space so I can test in still air and just hover the C8 from full charge to about 13v. I've seen rumors that the FC will not log unless it has a GPS fix, but I've also seen comments (from Josh?) that it does indeed still log -- I'm hoping to use the GPX data to allow me to construct a dishcharge curve. Anyone know for certain that it will log without GPS fix?

Thanks
    Andy

14. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

15. Pavlos Antoniou

Hmm i asked because on the Gens ace site you wont find them..! you will find only 5s and 6s.. :)

16. Sandor Kruise

Sandor Kruise New Member

WARNING about using Maxamps 11000 mah packs..

we had the same issue here
    these packs work wonderfull on a S800
    however shoving them inside a CS will be dissapointing.
    i mailed Max amps about this and infact they say it is rated 5C only!!
    this is truly a weird answer.
    i asked to ship all our new batteries back , they wont have it.
    so i got about 40 packs brandnew useless unless you have a S800
    here is the email:

Josch i am suprised to see that if we use 60 amps in the hover
    The voltage drop to below 22 volts.
    This is not ok , I was under the impression that the true 45C was really 45C
    But it looks more like 45Amp.
    Same problem occurs for the 5S batteries.
    I got now also a problem with a customer who replaced his zippys 8000 30C to Maxamp 11000 45C and he has same flight time
    And the weight is the same.
    What is wrong? I can use these batteries only on our DJI S800 since that thing wont use more then 35 -40 amps.
    If this is the best they can do , I have no choice other then returning them at this stage.

answer :

Choosing the best battery for a given application is not always easy. Sometimes, much testing has to be done beyond just crunching numbers and hoping it is going to work. I’ll try and explain what I mean by that below.

We base our packs off of its max burst capability and not the constant C rating many other companies use. The reason for this is that in our main market, RC cars, the burst rating capabilities are far more important than the constant. I know this can be confusing when comparing packs, which is why I always recommend testing a pack first before ordering large quantities. A solid constant amp draw for our 11000Mah packs would be around 5C. This pack is designed for a low continuous amp draw whereas our higher rated packs can handle more power and hold much higher voltage under load.

The usable Mah of a cell in your application is based on voltage under load. You are not normally going to use the full 11000 or 8000mah of any given pack because of where the voltage cutoff is set. Determining runtime solely by Mah is not a viable option as the capable discharge voltage under load will drastically affect the overall available runtime based on initial voltage drop down to the cutoff voltage. The longer the battery pack can hold voltage before it hits cutoff, the better. This is the key measurement that should be used to determine the best battery pack for your application.

17. Pavlos Antoniou

OK never never never MAxamps

18. Sandor Kruise

Sandor Kruise New Member

Basicly we had the best results for the buck with 8000 mah zippys they are 30C but seems to do the work ok
    and that for 1/3 of the price for the max amps......
    i still cant believe they they actually say : the 45C rating is just burst .
    and everyone else is wrong by putting the "real" C rating onto the packs... go figure
    if this is the case what is then the charging rate? at 5C as Maxamps quotes on their packs?
    no more then 1100 mah? tsk ... tsk ...tsk

19. Pavlos Antoniou

i have only Zippys and i want something like 10000 mah i will w8 for gens ace :)

20. Sandor Kruise

Sandor Kruise New Member

yes we are getting those next week 6S 10000mah