/dist/images/branding/favicon

New Tiger Motor Carbon Fiber Props

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Josh Lambeth, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

This guy - http://www.progressiverc.com/prc-signature-series-the-caged-threat-2000w-combo.html

Issue is we need more power & batteries that can handle more than 5C change rate.

We use a Honda 2000watt geni and charge at 5C so 25amps per channel x2 - 50Amp out of the charger/geni.
    6 packs per channel = 12 batteries charged in a bit over an hour or 7 minutes to charge per flight (6S 65C 5100Mah Parallel - maybe getting some 10,000 35C batteries soon).

We went with high discharge batteries because we had an issue at the tail end of a flight - Epic practically fell out of the sky but was able to make a semi soft landing. Voltage was still good 22.5v so suspect it was the amount out output from the battery, have not had an issue since with 65C's

2. Mario de Roos

Mario de Roos Member

It sometimes was on the edge but we where able to shoot all shots they asked:)

Some raw footage from that day,

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Curious about the weight difference between the L/R props from Mejzlik. 50% difference is interesting.

4. Mario de Roos

Mario de Roos Member

Gary,

There is no weight difference, I think you mixed up the normal and the light version.

Mario

5. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

I saw the L and thought it was for the CCW prop, like the way APC does the SF labels.

6. Mario de Roos

Mario de Roos Member

Best combo ever tested,

7. Mario de Roos

Mario de Roos Member

The above tested combo had a 5 minutes test run on 1200 grams, with an ambient temperature of 26° the motor reached a max temperature of 48°, so in total 22° above ambient.

Plus/minus Amp's draw by different weights and config's,

Hexa AUW 4Kg: 15,9A
    Hexa AUW 5Kg: 21A
    Hexa AUW 6Kg: 26,2A
    Hexa AUW 7Kg: 34,3A
    Octo AUW 7Kg: 30,4A
    Octo AUW 8Kg: 35,6A
    Octo AUW 9Kg: 42,4A
    Octo AUW 10Kg: 50,4A
    Octo AUW 11Kg: 56,8A
    Octo AUW 12Kg: 66A
    Octo AUW 13Kg: 73,6A
    Octo AUW 14Kg: 83,2A

8. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Mario since the Orbit 15-34 specs don't seem to be on the Plettenberg website and they aren't very popular here in the states, not even sure that any one carries them, can you share some specs? Anything similar in the lesser quality T-Motor line?

Also any idea when Kopterworx will be selling them?

9. Mario de Roos

Mario de Roos Member

Hi Gary,

We are dealer of the Plettenberg motors and we sell them world wide ;)

Orbit 15 series,
    170 grams
    Shaft 5mm (standard version)
    6mm hub ring (multirotor version)
    Size 41x41mm
    Dynamically fine balanced

15-18=845KV
    15-20=755KV
    15-22=685KV
    15-24=630KV
    15-26=580KV
    15-28=545KV
    15-34=445KV (new)

Multirotor version,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Propeller lock,
    [​IMG]

Standard shaft version,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Special bell bearing config,
    [​IMG]

Mario

10. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Hi Mario I have 8 Plettenberg 15-20 with straight shaft and prop adapters have not use the yet how much do you trust the prop adapters 1201_large.jpg

11. Mario de Roos

Mario de Roos Member

If they are from Plettenberg you can trust them, don't use bigger propellers than 13" on the 15-20 with 6S lipo's.

12. Jose Luis Ocejo

What about with 5S or 4S can I go bigger prop I was thinking to get from Plettenberg an upgrade to threaded shaft do you sell it? I am un easy with the prop adapter
    here are 2 pictures a treaded shaft and a shaft with a fan
    I see the 2 locating pins on one of your motors did you do that
    Orbit_MC_detail.jpg

Attached Files:

13. Mario de Roos

Mario de Roos Member

Yes you can use a bigger prop with less lipo's just watch the temp.

No experience with upgrading to an other shaft, when possible it wont be cheap I think.

14. Jose Luis Ocejo

Hi Mario just as more info, here is what plettenberg told me some time ago when I ask them the same, you see I have this motors siting
    for a wile and I want to use them on a new build your opinion is important to me since you are a user of this great motors, also I guess this recommendation apply's to any motor, T motor or others,... kind of....right ?
    thanks for your time Mario

the price for the front plate is 18,40 Euro for each spare part. This is for using
    propeller with a 6 mm middle hole.

The max. current for using the orbit by normal flight is 20 A. If there is a moment of shock because of a dangerous situation
    the max. current is 50 A for a very short time. We know if you use a too big prop and you change from normal flight to
    full power the MC board shut off the motor. You must be very careful with bigger propeller !! Also the max. temperature
    is about 60 degree Celsius ( 140 degree Fahrenheit ). We don’t recommend a bigger propeller for this motor.

best regards
    Pascal

15. Mario de Roos

Mario de Roos Member

Hi Jose,

Thats a good and reasonable price for the front plate's.

IMHO I think max 60° for the motors is a bit on the safe side, if you don't go higher than 75° your 100% safe, and if you use our 60A Kratos edition ESC's you will never have any problem even if you want to go fly in the Sahara desert ;)

On what setup do you want to use the motors?

Mario

16. Mario de Roos

Mario de Roos Member

Last saturday we tested the Mejzlik 15x5 props on the Kratos and we get +/- 1 minute more flight time :)

17. César Pérez

César Pérez New Member

Hi guys, i hope you can help me, i´m planning to order those T Motor props and i have some doubts about it, this is my Hexa:

AUW w/ 1x 6S 5000mAh Zippy LiPo's: 3950 grams
    Tarot FY690S frame
    Arris 4010 380KV
    Hobbywing 2-6S Platinum-30A-Pro OPTO ESC for Multicopter
    DJI NAZA-M V2 Flight Controller
    GPS v2
    ARRIS ZHAOYUN-COM 2-Axis Brushless Gimbal w/ Alexmos Board
    Sony Nex5r w/16mm f/2.8 Lens
    3S 2200mAh 25C for Gimbal
    AR8000x Rx
    TM1000 telemetry
    Spektrum Dx8
    12x38 Carbon Fiber Propeller (3 pairs)

The whole hexa was an RTF version from HobbyWing.

Naza v2 Gain set up defaults 4.02 firmware:

Basic:
    Pitch 185, Roll 185,Yaw 185,Vertical 185

Atti:
    Pitch 90,Roll 90

Please check the video, the gimbal performance is so stable, very smooth, but when i accelerate the hexcopter some weird bands appear in the video, there are vibrations, i´m changed the dumpers as Hobby-Wing advice, the gimbal arrives with 3 hard dumpers for each side, i replace the hard for the soft dumpers and i put 4 for each side, i test it today and i´m still havind that weird banding, this issue happens only when i hover the hexacopter, but when i fly stationary, not happen, after a few tests i carefully balance those props and indeed, i see some improvement but not as i wanted, i´m still having those vibrations and now i´m planning to order this:

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/tmotor-1240-cf-multirotor-propeller-p-1223.html But i have some doubts about my motors, http://www.hobby-wing.com/arris-4010-380kv-multi-copter-outrunner-brushless-motor.html Can i use those propellers "100% balanced" with my ARRIS motors? I hope yu can help me with your advices for decide my order, is there any difference if i use those props with the short props adapters? or just the cover with the two M3 screws? What if i use the more larger props? the
    Tmotor 1344 propellers?

I got only 10 minutes of normal flying, here, everywhere, normal hovering, between 50% - 70% before my Lipo buzzer sound the alarm at 3.6v for each cell, my telemetry module wont work, wont soudn and vibrate the alarm, cause i have some weird issue in the lipo setup in my spektrum dx8, when i try to put the voltages for the lipo and setup the 6S battery, automatically configures 7S battery, some strange problem.

I´m flying nice with GPS mode, and when i try to use the Atti mode in indoors, a test that i did it 3 days ago, my hexa behaved almost uncontrollable, when i try to go forward and leave the stick the hexa moved forward alone, i had to move backward and the same thing, when i try that and leave the stick the hexa moves alone backward himself, very nervous situation for me, you can imagine, after a little suffering i landed the bird and i began to breathe normally :( well, i guess is cause the low atti values, i increased it to 140 and now i have to go out and test it again, maybe the high values of the basic gains is my vibration problem, Well, I do not want to bore you with the extent of this, I hope to get some help and thank you very much in advance, have a good flights fellows..

18. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Fireman77: Welcome to the forum.

If it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/

Also, just as a heads up, this is a Freefly Systems forum but I don't see any Freefly components in your list....some of the forum members may be able to help from their general knowledge, but you might get more results on rcgroups.com, multirotorforums.com and so on.

Thanks
    Andy

19. César Pérez

César Pérez New Member

Ohh, i´m sorry.

20. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Not a problem at all, César. Just didn't want you thinking the forum members were being unfriendly if you didn't get a response. :)

Andy.