/dist/images/branding/favicon

motors don't start

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by gonzalo saleme, Jan 25, 2014.

1. gonzalo saleme

gonzalo saleme New Member

Hello! I have just assembled a cinestar 6 with flight control 2.1 with UCC upgrade. Everything seems to be ok in MK tool. I updated the last firmware available (2.02a.hex)- I havent added the navy yet)- I tested the motors, calibrate the gyros, etc.
    the only and main problem is that the copter wont start! I push down right the left stick and nothing happens, not even a single sound.
    what could be the problem?
    thanks for your support!
    Gonzalo

2. Gary McCready

Gary McCready Active Member

Compass calibration must be done, calibrate (up left) and the "new" arming is a two stick move. Bottom right both sticks, arm/disarm. I think you can change it back to the "old way"?
    http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/MK-Parameter/Channels
    Depending on what is entered by the motor safety switch (see right), the function of the switch should be selected according:
    • OFF
      With this entry you can start / stop the motors with:
      • Start => Gas (throttle) down + yaw right
      • Stop => Gas (throttle) down + yaw left
    • Disabled
      With this entry you can start / stop the motors with:
      • Start => Gas (throttle) down + yaw right plus Nick down + Roll left or right
      • Stop => Gas (throttle) down + yaw left plus Nick down + Roll left or right

gonzalo saleme likes this.
  3. gonzalo saleme

gonzalo saleme New Member

AHAHHA! problem solved! thank you very much Gary!!!

4. Gary McCready

Gary McCready Active Member

You are welcome! I upgraded and missed it the first time to. After doing one stick arming for 1 1/2 years they should have made it clearer.
    I There are still links to arming with one stick on the Wiki, so it is confusing. I really do think MK needs to get more organized with a central and up to date start-up manual.