/dist/images/branding/favicon

Vibration dampeners

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Michael Braun, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Michael Braun

Michael Braun Member

What is the difference in mounting Movi to Cinestar? Does it have the same method than normal Cinestar 3- axis gimbal? Are vibration dampeners the same?

I saw few copters with Movi hanging underneath, but they had some custom made mounts. Is this because of the vibrations?

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Michael, the MōVI can be mounted to the standard Cinestar star plate and then to the Cinestar vibration system. If you see other systems, like the Allie Drones quick release, those are other options.

You may want to change the vibration O-rings from Red to Blue or Black. And some folks have found that doubling the thickness of the Star plate (two of them sandwiched together) helps reduce the flexing of the Star further reducing the vibrations.

3. Michael Braun

Michael Braun Member

Thanks Gary. So this is the star plate which you get when purchasing MR version? Is carbon plate the same thickness than Cinestars one?

[​IMG]

4. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Gary, I am not aware of anyone doubling the MoVI mounting plate....it is very thick / rigid!

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Yep my mistake, I was thinking about the original Cinestar plate. Forgot that the MōVI MR kit comes with its own star plate. Michael it is thicker and work great.

6. Dmitry Kolomiets

Dmitry Kolomiets New Member

I just have an obvious question-- does Movi needs dampeners????
    Seems that a thing with such a price tag just has to give smooth footage even then flying with a half blade missing...
    Otherwise alexmos is good enough for a set up (camera gimbal and multirotor) that has a chance of 1/100 to crash in any time (of cause with a chance of nothing surviving around 20-40%)
    Even the big weight of alexmos is not a problem cause for the price difference (of alexmos and Movi) it is possible to build (or buy) even such configuration -

or simple and portable --

* 4 times

Sory, it mabe out of theme, but this whole speech has a valuable point, which If I were you (a buyer of movi) I would consider (a point).