/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi and F5/F55

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Richard Critchlow, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Richard Critchlow

Richard Critchlow New Member

Hi All,
    Does anybody have real experience of mounting a Sony F5 or F55 on a Movi. We have the F55 which we strip everything off, including the battery mount and power from a 4S lipo which also powers the gimbal. Has anybody done anything similar with the Movi and has it balanced. It appears not but I can't find anybody with any hands on experience,

We have a handheld job coming up and I'd hoped to mount a movi on our Skyjib X4 but if it doesn't work with an F55 it's sadly not for us,
    Thanks
    Richard

2. Manny

Manny New Member

Hey Richard. How are you? Hope you're well.

I too am using an F5 and trying to make it talk to the Movi. But alas I don't think Movi are quite there yet? i've read that they may be bringing out some extension arms to enable the F5/55 to sit on the Movi, but as it stands I have not been able to balance ours. Hope to have some good news soon.

Manny Panaretos

3. Richard Critchlow

Wow! Hi Manny. We're really well thanks. How funny we should meet up again on here! Where in the world are you now?

I'd love to have a chat about this. I presume you've tried stripping off the battery mount? (makes it lighter but more front heavy)

We have an F55 which I want to mount. Lots of massive frustrations as we were badly advised on our first gimbal and I don't want to make another mistake but we need to go brushless ASAP.

Are you flying yours? If so what on. How do I call you you? Office number for us is +44 1845 538020. Email richard.critchlow@dependableproductions.tv Would be great to talk,
    R

4. Hi Guys...We do have a large camera dimension modification kit currently in the works for cameras such as these. The dimensions of the camera are simply too large to be properly seated/balanced in the camera staging area as it currently exists. I don't have a release date on it yet but it is definitely something we are working on and hope to launch as soon as possible as there is great demand for these cameras.

5. Richard Critchlow

Hi Denise,
    Thanks for the reply. Is it really that much bigger than a Red when it's stripped down? I presume it must be? I need a brushless gimbal for the F55 ASAP. I am about to get the conversion kit for our AV200 unless you tell me that ASAP is sooner rather than later (I can only imagine how hard it must be to be specific with dates )
    Regards
    Richard

6. Hi Richard...It is bigger (5 1/8 x 5 x 7 5/8 inches (without protrusions) where the RED is (4 X 4 X 5.5), its the depth that really is the issue. If you need something ASAP, you will have to find another alternative unfortunately...I simply don't have a date I can provide.

Cheers,
    Denise

Sam Donaghy Bell likes this.
  7. Richard Critchlow

Ok Thanks Denise. For what it's worth, there is a sale here the moment you have solved the challenge
    R

8. Ronald Soethje

Ronald Soethje New Member

Still waiting for it. Here would be another sale ... as soon as you have solved it.

9. Richard Critchlow

Guessing this post may be removed but... Freefly are in a race with Photohigher Halo 2500 which should take the F55 out of the box and I'm told will be available from the end of Feb. Not sure whether the MOVI will come pre-modified but that will be influential.

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Why would your posting be removed, Richard? It's your opinion, it's rational, you're not dissing any individual, and you're expressing a professional opinion professionally (if you see what I mean). You may be right, you may be wrong, but, at least in my book, that's all fair game.

Andy.

11. Richard Critchlow

That's refreshing Andy as I feared Freefly may not be comfortable with discussion about other products on their forums. As you say, it's meant to help others in my position who aren't currently serviced by the MOVI. So I'm glad it's being viewed that way. Good on you!