/dist/images/branding/favicon

Compass

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Jair Guillen, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Jair Guillen

Jair Guillen Member

Hi, in the freefly app the compass never says "GOOD". If there any problema with that? I have big issues with the tilt movement in majestic or remote mode. The tilt don´t work. It stays straight.

Please some help guys. I don´t know whats happen.

2. Jair Guillen

Jair Guillen Member

I have this issue with the tilt axis:

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Jair the compass isn't required for operation. Are you using the rig with or without the radio? What operating mode are you in? What tilt mode is configured? Is the rig fully balanced as shown in the training videos?

4. Jair Guillen

Jair Guillen Member

I´m using the M10 with and without the radio, i have a Dx8. When i try the majestic mode, i´m in Majestic angle for the tilt mode. And yes, i think the rig is well balanced. I try also with a Canon 5D mark 2 and i still have the same problems.

5. Jair Guillen

Jair Guillen Member

In the video my stiffness settings are:

PAN = 130
    ROLL = 50
    TILT = 70

I don´t know what i´m setting wrong...

6. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

Jair, that looks weird. How would you describe its behaviour in Majestic Mode with the radio turned off?

7. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Jair,

Can you confirm that the 2 wires going to the tilt motor are fully plugged in? This looks almost as thought a motor wire is getting intermittent connection?

Thanks!

Tabb

8. Jair Guillen

Jair Guillen Member

Wolfgang, in Majestic Mode i have the same problems that i have in Dual Operator Mode. The tilt doesn´t work well, they keep straight or suddenly they move really abrupt. Even the Tilt motor starts to oscillate very strong. The tilt gymbal/motor works, but it keep very very straight.

Tabb, i check all the motor wires and they look pretty well connected. It seems that something stops the movement (the same motor), more than a motor wire intermittent connection. Today i continue looking for a solution and i restart all the process. Balance the rig (Red Scarlet with Side Handle, Teradek Bolt Pro and Bartech FF), turn on the M10, setting the stifness and parameters and make some test shots. When i balanced the rig i notice than the M10 handheld screws need to be more tight, and the part where is the Roll Gymbal (the rear column) are not center in his "tilt" axis. It had a little deviation to the left. So, i fixed this situations and when i turn On the M10, Voila! All work well. I don´t know if this has solved the problem completely, but apparently yes. All the next week i will be shooting for a movie and i hope the MOVI doesn´t fail me. If anyone has had this problem o a similar problem, please help me.

Thanks Guys.

Jair.