/dist/images/branding/favicon

Packed Down

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Philip Aarseth, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Philip Aarseth

Hey,

I'm just curious.
    How easy is it to assemble and disassemble the MOVI? and how small can it get?
    If you're not packing it down in a pelican case, but rather a normal good sized photo/ video backpack.
    Maybe it's not recommended at all. I'm looking more into the M5, but as it is not out yet I'm posting it here.

Would hear some of your thoughts or see any pictures if you've done it!

Philip

2. Robert Campbell

Robert Campbell New Member

Check out cinema oxide / Jason Comparetto. They make custom cases. He has photos of their MoVI cases and you'll see how much needs to be packed out for a MoVI rig with the necessary gear.Between everything I have it down to 3 cases including camera gear.

The equipment is expensive so it's good to protect it. Takes me about 45 minutes to get ready to shoot.

3. Jacob Schwarz

Jacob Schwarz Member

I built a quick release system for the top handle and carry everything in small case. I'll post pictures tomorrow when i can.

4. Philip Aarseth

@Robert
    I know they are making awesome cases, but that's more when going in a car or such. I'm wondering how small you could make it to go backpacking for instance, with a very minimal crew and gear.

@Jacob
    Awesome, thanks!

5. Adam Etheridge

Hi Jacob - would be great to see some photos of your quick release system for top handle.

6. Robert Campbell

Robert Campbell New Member

Hi Phillip I suppose most everything MoVI can fit into backpacks especially if you intend to work in majestic mode. But the MoVI itself has a wide footprint because of it's bar. I could see it being wrapped up and velcroed so it hangs off the outside of a backpack.

7. Philip Aarseth

Hey, do you know if it is possible to slide the handles around?