/dist/images/branding/favicon

DJI Wookong

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Ed Tan, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Ed Tan

Ed Tan Distributor

Hey Guys..

Anyone flying your Cinestars with DJI Wookong?

Any issues after firmware updates?

Recently updated to 5.08 and the heli began to Yaw to the left everytime we were coming in to land and the LED indicator showed a few white flashes.

Had a nasty landing into a tree and broke all my props...

Rolled back to 5.02 now and it flies nice.

wondering if anyone else has had the same problems?

=D

2. nicnaimless

nicnaimless New Member

I'm still on 5.06 no issues. I didn't see a need to change to 5.08. The next update promises improved gimbal performance so I will upgrade when it arrives.

3. Michael comissiong

Hi Guys,
    I am having major problems with my DJI WKM gps systems i have had to replace 2 units in the last 6 months with the latest one being 4 weeks old .they work fine for a while then just start acting up , will just not go into calabration mode , any one have a solution other than dumping them.

4. Graydon Tranquilla

I have had approximately 200 successful flights with my WooKong M c/w GPS and never had any of these issues. I use firmware version 5.20 which is recognized as one of their most reliable firmware updates. If the GPS module is mounted per instructions, on the standoff stick away from all rfi/emi issues and adjusted for your flying sight's angle of declination, all that remains is to do the GPS module compass calibration. I guess we would need more info from you to help find a solution. Keep in mind that DJI did a GPS recall a year and 1/2 ago. But I am surprised if the newer GPS modules can function correctly with the firmware rolled all the way back to 5.06......

5. Michael comissiong

I finally got GPS issue sorted the units were indeed faulty, dji instructed the dealers to exchange them , both work fine now, must be the ( Friday) manufacture run that I got.

6. ebad mohammadpoor

ebad mohammadpoor New Member

hi there im from iran and my english is not much good
    i set up an cs8 with wkm and 17' props and dont know what gane i should give.can u please help me?
    i gave it 160 160 160 120 120
    but not success after a long time to giving different gains

7. Graydon Tranquilla

I believe that some additional information is needed to answer that question. What is your CS8 AUW, i.e., All-Up_Weight? What motors are you using? What is your propeller pitch? And finally..... It is the difference between motor speed/torque curve and your propeller load torque curve that determines the ability of your motors to change speed quickly. There is a risk that the motors cannot respond fast enough to the Flight controller output to the ESCs.....

8. ebad mohammadpoor

Hi I'm using esc 60a t motor and mt 3520 with 17.5.8 proppler my booms are 600 mm

9. ebad mohammadpoor

And 9-10 kg application at all

10. Graydon Tranquilla

A 22 pound all up weight is a lot as are the 17 inch diameter props such that the motor torque might not be able to keep up with FC PID loop control for Attitude and GPS modes. But since eCalc does not assess torque directly as it relates to manufacturer specific PID loop control I can't answer your original question...... except to say that I suspect motor torque cannot keep up with PID loop control such that you will have continuous MR oscillation during flights or worse. Further investigation would required detailed engineering analysis or you can try the trial and error method such as testing out larger torque motors or props with less pitch and/or less radius. Here is some tech data on these motors. http://montorc.com/tigermt3520400.aspx

11. ebad mohammadpoor

What if I try 16 inch?

12. ebad mohammadpoor

What if I try 16 inch?

13. Graydon Tranquilla

That would be a step in the right direction for resolving Basic and Attitude gain control issues so as to ensure a more stable flying experience. Run all your new data thru eCalc for Multirotors to gain some perspective on what will happen to to total flight time.

As you are already aware the trend in camera evolution is for higher image quality etc. to migrate down into smaller and lighter camera bodies up to a point. Whereas larger diameter lenses boost light gathering power they remain heavy. However the newer image sensors are also more sensitive to limited light which even helps to minimize glass weight.