/dist/images/branding/favicon

No connection to PC configurator to bind transmitter

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Claire Kemp, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Claire Kemp

Claire Kemp New Member

Hello. Has anyone else had difficulty getting their PC to connect to the MOVI on bluetooth? Our mac and android devices connect OK, but we want to bind our remote and only the PC software has this feature. The bluetooth on the PC definitely works because I can see my phone on it and play music.

The software offers two com ports (4 and 5), but when I click the connect area, nothing happens...

Any ideas please?

thanks

2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

I know in another thread someone was having this issue and he found that it takes a moment. Is your pc seeing the MoVI at all in your Com settings?

3. Claire Kemp

Claire Kemp New Member

Hi Brad
    Thanks. I found that thread and it's now working. Patience is a virtue!

4. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Always patience with PC

Jamie Merchant likes this.
  5. Chris Schuster

Chris Schuster New Member

Is there a link to this thread. Our App wont run on a PC either. Says port access is denied.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Chris:
    Can you provide some information about your PC's configuration and what operating system you are running, please?

The "port denied" message suggests that it might be an issue with the Windows configuration rather than the MōVI, I'm afraid. But we'll do what we can to help you through it.

Just by way of a checklist:
    1. Do you have Blue Tooth enabled? (Do you see the Bluetooth logo in the system tray?)
    2. Have you got any other Blue Tooth devices working with this PC (that would therefore validate that the Blue Tooth system is set up correctly?

Andy.

7. Chris Schuster

Chris Schuster New Member

We got it Andy.
    This video helped a lot !

8. Hey Chris,
    I'm glad the video has helped, but I just wanted to let everyone know the 'Windows 7 Bluetooth pairing' video was made for a specific situation for an individual customer and I phrased several of the comments in the video, to his specific situation. I am in the process of making a generic one that applies to everyone, using screen capture software so it is easier to see.

Thanks,
    Chris Harrison
    Freefly MoVI tech Support.