/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi 10 / Epic and aks running of AB batteries

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by angel barroeta, Dec 27, 2013.

1. angel barroeta

angel barroeta New Member

Im trying to run an Epic Camera from an Anton Bauer Dionic 90 battery + plate
    also teradek bolt and a digital (Fstop) bartech focus control via P-tap from the same AB battery, but i haven't the found the right Rig yet , i think i need something like the:
    Carbon V-lock Adapter Kit for RED EPIC the

http://store.freeflysystems.com/collections/movi-accessory/products/epic-vlock-adapter-kit ,

made by freefly, but this is not compatible with Anton Bauer, any good ideas or solution of how to rig this battery and plate to the camera or to the Movi 10?

thanks a lot and happy holidays!

2. Gorka Rotaeche

3. angel barroeta

angel barroeta New Member

Thanks for the idea Gorka, Erich works looks great! , I still dreaming with something a bit more compact, that's why i like the freefly V-lock solution, but they said to me their carbon fiber plate won't work with AB battery plate, ill keep working on this and ill post picture as soon as i have something comfortable :)
    yes my last name is Vasc but I'm from Venezuela, thanks a lot

4. Roberto Rivera

Roberto Rivera New Member

IMG_0659.jpeg IMG_0660.jpeg IMG_0661.jpeg IMG_0662.jpeg IMG_0664.jpeg IMG_0666.jpeg Angel.
    I had a job recently and had to use red bricks to power my scarlet. I posted some pictures with an old plate that I drilled into and adapted it to fit on the side of the camera. works pretty well. Hope this helps! The holes I used are the top ones. As you can see Ive used that plate for other things. Heavy though!!! View attachment 4275

5. martin ubilluz

martin ubilluz New Member

I tried running with a larger battery on the side but its heavy not very good, If you can I would go with redvolts so much easier and simple and light... especially when having heavier glass, or filters and things like that the redvolts really are useful. And then I put a freefly battery on top of the epic and and I go Ptap into that to run my FF (freefly makes the connector its in the store) you could run everything with the freefly battery and get a ptap splitter makes the rig really light. I put the wireless video on the bar with a small battery and use a canon batteries to run the DP7 monitor. The only pic i have with me at the moment has the clients sound devices monitor attached that they wanted to use.
    132.jpg

6. Roberto Rivera

Roberto Rivera New Member

Yes Martin. Im pushing the weight limit with this rig. It works fine but I know once I put a follow focus rig I'll have to find a lighter battery.
    I also use a c100 on this rig capturing Pro Res Externally. What a difference in weight!

7. Charlie Beyer

Charlie Beyer Member

I Use an Anton Bauer Plate on the handle bars and power the Teradek Bolt, Bartek digital transmitter, 5.6" TV Logic Monitor, and Epic from it. ADionic HC lasts a little over and hour. I already had a C300 Plate and kind of modified it. Whats great about the C300 plate is that it comes with 3 Ptaps ports. Unfortunately 3 ports is not enough for the 4 things I am powering so I need to utilize a P Tap splitter. Still its pretty organized up top. The downside to all this is that I have 3 cables coming off the Gimbles. I bought a lightweight Epic power cable from (Brishless Gimbles). That made the difference. Im under 10 lbs with a Compact Primes and single motor which leaves room for lens options.

Attached Files:

8. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member