/dist/images/branding/favicon

Radian vs BG

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Murray Hunt, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Murray Hunt

Murray Hunt New Member

I am contemplating upgrading my current CS 3axis gimbal , not sure if I want to go with Radians, or Brushless gimbal.
    I am reading a lot about problems with BG and getting set up properly.
    If anyone has any comments on either of the two options, I would appreciate any opinions on whether the additional cost /issues with the BG are worth it...Is the finished product any better when using BG over Radian?
    Anything will be an improvement from what I have.

Thanks
    Murray Hunt

2. Gary Shainberg

Gary Shainberg New Member

Murray, have a look at the G-Lock option which is using the Radians but with new software and a brushless controller, the results look awesome, whilst the software is available the Brushless controller apparently should be shipping very soon. And you only need one Radian for all 3 axis.

3. Murray Hunt

Murray Hunt New Member

Thanks Gary:

Looks pretty impressive

My questions would be:
    How do I get from my current servo gimbal using a MK FC board and Spektrum satellite receiver from a DX8 transmitter, to a functioning gimbal with this setup.
    It looks like a multi step process for me.
    I am a little confused when it talks about brushless controllers?

Who would be the pest person to talk to about this?

4. Gary Shainberg

Gary Shainberg New Member

Murray,

OK first you need to look at the Brushless upgrade to the actual gimbal and TBHWY I am still looking at these, it appears that the best VFM is from AliExpress (the Chinese eBay) although you can also look at http://brushlessgimbals.com in the USA which appear to be popular as well.

Once you have done this then you need to look at control and if you have the radian's then it looks like using the G-Lock upgrade is a good way forward although more expensive than the AlexMoss route.

If you want to look at the Alexmoss route I suggest looking at desirerc.com they have a great UK build of the board with bluetooth support which is very handy.

I hope this helps

-G